Monday, April 21, 2014

3 Years Later

Anyway I realized that I don't have a deadline for when I should consider this blog complete so I'm going to take my time with it, have a few trial runs, make out a writing schedule. Although schedules don't normally work for me which is probably why I feel rushed. But I'm going to try some structure and try to finish things before I start.

So here's me slowing down, smelling the roses (although I don't get people who actually do that, I don't really like that smell), enjoying the view, and taking the scenic route.

-Me, May 2011.

I have to say taking the scenic route was probably the best thing I could  have done for myself and this blog. I do still sometimes feel like I'm running an imaginary race but then I remind myself that I have no clue what the finish line even looks like. If I keep trying to get there- wherever there might be- I might not even realize what I miss.

And I would have missed plenty in the last three years. I like where I am with this blog, it's not too much but just enough.

As I write this I have show tunes playing in the background and I'm currently listening to Come So Far (Got So Far To Go) from Hairspray. And I've gotta say it kind of fits.



When I published my first post here three years ago today I doubt that I believed I'd be writing this today. I never would have imagined getting the opportunity to review the books I've read or talk to authors and other bloggers.
Now I can definitely see myself at 5 years or maybe even 7.

I feel like I've gotten so much from the last three years here.
I may I not know where "there" is, but I'm pretty happy with where I am now.

No comments:

Post a Comment