Saturday, April 26, 2014

Hour 12 - MidEvent Survey

There is NO SUGAR in the house! I don't know how I can go on.
Actually let me correct myself there are no snack foods in the house.

I have eaten; had lunch a couple of hours ago, I just need a small (or a bagful of) treat.
Which is more or less a daily problem, live with my sister's eight year old sweets don't last the week around here.

So moving on, with my hummus and non-salted chips, we're at the halfway point in the read-a-thon. And I'm barely 1/4 into my book. But looking at the fact that I've probably only been reading for half the time I guess that's an accurate spot to be at. I might pull out my book of short stories and maybe get into a new groove before getting back to it.
As much as I'm enjoying it I guess I just need a quick change.

And some loud upbeat music.


Mid-Event Survey

1. What are you reading right now?
Been working on Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel, but taking a quick break from it to try some short stories from No, But I Saw the Movie.

 2. How many books have you read so far?
Started I think 4, finished none.

 3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?
Hoping to finish Vortex by Julie Cross and might start something by Meg Cabot which I'm always looking forward to.

 4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?
No thankfully, I normally work Saturdays but don't know why I wasn't called in today.

 5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?
Had to run to the bank which was full, didn't think that happened anymore the way people talk about it, and then to the store. Got lunch so only a minor annoyance.

 6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?
 7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?
 8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

 9. Are you getting tired yet?
I woke up tired, you'd think I haven't slept in days. But all in all I'm pretty good.

 10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?

2 comments:

  1. No sugar - aiiiee! I'm actually trying to avoid it myself today, because as much as I love it, it lifts me and then I crash - can't have that on RAT day! Hope you get in some great 2nd half reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers from #TeamWordsworth!

    ReplyDelete