Friday, April 18, 2014

Me: Version 3.0

Can I just say I get the feeling that this week is the only time I put this much effort into this blog. It just keeps going.
That's not a complaint. I'm just saying.
Or maybe it feels like it, since I've been off this week. And I live with my sister's kid so the week already felt too long by Tuesday.

This post is in honor of one of my first post where I introduced myself. According to me, I figured if you were going to read what I had to say you might as well know a little more about the person saying it.
And I couldn't help but noticed the other day that a lot has changed since then.

I should begin with what hasn't chanced though. First and always there. I am a helpless procrastinator. It still takes me forever to write up a post.
On the positive side when I first started writing here three years ago it took me days to finish writing something.
And it wasn't that great.

I think since I first started writing here I've really become who I am as a blogger. I should hope so.
I've gotten comfortable with saying what I want to say the way I want to say it.

One major chance, that I noticed, has nothing to do with blogging but my own life. Three years ago I was still a film student. A film student giving up that life choice but a film student all the same. It wasn't until I was on here for about a year that I took up graphic design.
Which is pretty much a contradiction to what I said in that original post:

everyone likes telling me to go to some design school and make a living at it, but I so don't have the imagination to make anything original. I'm basically a one trick pony when it comes to coming up with new ideas, I get them of course but they're not frequent enough to make a living out of.

For the record I've only been paid once for my work so far, so I've yet to make "a living out of it."


While I still make jewelry, sew, weave and crochet- thought not as much as I'd like. And I still listen to a lot of country music, if you hadn't noticed from my Tune In posts. I'm not the same person that wrote that intro.
I'm not going to say it's because of this blog, because it's not. Not completely anyway. But because of this blog I have been able to get a lot out of my mind, and it's the only place I can go on and on about a topic. Although would you believe I don't do it as much as I could?

And at the end of the day this is probably the only place I can show people who I really am.

You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And you make it as entertaining as possible.
You may be guilty of over-sharing a bit on your blog, but you can't help it.
Your life is truly an open book. Or in this case, an open blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment