Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Most Unique Books I've Read

I am finally back, after being cut off from the internet for two weeks.
Yes I did lose my mind. And for some reason when I do "lose" it I can never get myself to read. Which is all the more upsetting.
And, really, being unable to write here was just the cheery on top for the last two weeks, I had a handful of days where I started wishing life had a rewind button to just start them over.
Just so I don't end this story on a negative note I did have a few good days too.
It was a unique couple of weeks. And there's my tie-in.

I'm not sure what I would call a unique book, to a point they're all unique in their own way. I've never been one to compare one too another.
On that note I can't even stand those that do. Sorry to those people.
I might say that one story reminded me of another, but that's usually a pro for me.
While true, these are probably the top ten books that I've described as being like no other.

 
The Making of Nebraska Brown1) The Making of Nebraska Brown by Louise Caiola
It's basically two stories with one main character.
I don't want to get too into it so here's my review for it instead.




 
Awakening Foster Kelly2) Awakening Foster Kelly by Cara Rosalie Olsen
I've seen it labeled as a romance, and maybe at the end that is what it becomes, but it is so much more. Sometimes it's like two separate books, one about Foster Kelly and one about Foster and Dominic.
One is Foster finding Dominic and the other is Foster finding Foster.


 
Pawn (The Blackcoat Rebellion, #1)3) Pawn by Aimee Carter
I'm not even sure what to say about this one.






 
Escape from Eden4) Escape from Eden by Elisa Nader
I've never read anything like it before. It's different, it's real.
This isn't a "what if this happens some day, a long long time from now?" It's a "this can, and maybe has, happened." Which is what makes it especially scary.




 
Branded (Sinners, #1)5) Branded by Abi Ketner & Misssy Kalicicki
A few steps short of beyond amazing. This was like nothing I've read before, most dystopias involve characters trying to stay safe from whomever is in control, but this this is the story of the character that didn't manage to do that.



 
The Toadhouse Trilogy (Book #1)6) The Toadhouse Trilogy by Jess Lourey
This is like the favorite book from my childhood that I never had. If there had been more books like this back then it wouldn't have taken me so long to become an avid reader.
Who wouldn't want to travel around in books?



 
Going Bovine7) Going Bovine by Libba Bray
This is just something else entirely.




 
Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)8) Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
So unique I had to reread it to fully get what was even going on.

1 comment:

  1. Really should get into Daughter of Smoke and Bone!! Would be about time :P :P Great list!

    ReplyDelete