Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Top Books About Friendship


Sad conclusion I've come to?
I don't really like books solely based on friendships.
Reason: They remind me of my own friendships, which all ended more or less on a negative note.

Life is not a novel where we promise to be there for each other forever.
Or a 50's based musical where we all sang and danced at the school carnival the last day.
Safe assumption to make that high school was not the best years of my life. I always think I should write about it but never get to it.
Living in the now anyway.

No surprise why I only made it to 5 on this list.

This list can also be known as books that make me nostalgic and in the mood to stalk old friends on Facebook. (Not that I do, because really I don't care enough in the end.)

1) Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen.
I'm still working on this one, but it had me instantly hooked from the beginning.

2) Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
Not a traditional story of friendship but I still loved the relationship of all the girls.
 
3) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by
 
 

1 comment:

  1. So many books that I need to read that are on your list! I have only read 1 Sarah Dessen book so far (The Truth About Forever) but I have decided that I need to read them all, so I am looking forward to reading Someone Like You! And I NEED to read Beauty Queens.
    The books I picked weren't necessarily books about friendship, but more like books that had friendships that I enjoyed. Good list! :D

    ReplyDelete