Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Tune In Tuesday - 2014


I've been wanting to share these songs for the longest time! Like since February or March maybe. Although if you really look at my posting consistency that's about only three or four posts.

I've mentioned before that I'm always trying to pick a quote or a line from a song to represent my year, and I mentioned that at the beginning of the year that I didn't even have a clue which I was going to pick this year.
Of course now that I think of it a few more come to mind. Maybe I'll write them down for next year, then I'd just have to hope my mind frame doesn't change too much.

At the beginning of the year, when I hadn't decided yet, I said I was going to stick with last year's Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart by the Eli Young Band.
 


I have to admit some of those dreams I though of when I heard this song have probably gotten a little shallow, which is another reason to pick another song now, and I've more or less come to the conclusion that for the time being I'll have to deal with the "broken heart."

Kind of going with that same theory I came to the conclusion that I have to do my own thing the way I want to and who cares what anyone thinks.

So my song for 2014:


Actually I'm going to have to cheat a little and add a second song, but this one is mainly for the line:
There ain't nothing at all in life that's ever gonna be just what we want so don't expect it to be... accept the fact, go grab your life and live it.

Let's call that my 2014 quote.


I have had this song for years but I'm always rediscovering it; it's really one of those songs that only hit you when you need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment