Friday, June 20, 2014

Secrets and Lies ( Cassie Scot 2) - Review

Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)Secrets and Lies by Christine Amsden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published November 15th 2013 by Twilight Times Books

Cassie Scot, still stinging from her parents' betrayal, wants out of the magical world. But it isn't letting her go. Her family is falling apart and despite everything, it looks like she may be the only one who can save them.

To complicate matters, Cassie owes Evan her life, making it difficult for her to deny him anything he really wants. And he wants her. Sparks fly when they team up to find two girls missing from summer camp, but long-buried secrets may ruin their hopes for happiness.


Book 2 in the Cassie Scot Mystery series.



This review might come off a little weird- which is probably a disclaimer all my reviews should come with- but that's because I already wrote a review for the third book in this series so it might be a little weird for me to go back to the mind frame I was in after this one.

I will say this one has been my favorite of the 3 so far.
We get more time with the main characters; get to know them a little better and relationships are taken to different levels.

I have to say my favorite thing about it was probably Cassie's love/hate relationship with her parents and her love/love relationship with Evan.
It was totally relatable and understandable why she would feel that way she did towards her parents. (But I'm somewhat of a spiteful person so maybe it was a little too easy for me.)
As for Evan I think I've said enough about him to last until the next book.

I'll just say that multiple times while reading this; I stopped and asked "Wait why can't we just accept his offer?"
Never came up with a good reason.
Other than the whole take-care-of-yourself-be-your-own-person thing that I love Cassie for.

But they did make a great duo when it came to the mystery of the book. Which is probably really my favorite thing about this one. It's Cassie pairing up with Evan to solve a good old paranormal mystery.
It balances they mystery and the overall story of Cassie and her family- and other things- perfectly.

Like I said my favorite so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment