Monday, June 9, 2014

The Summer of Authors


Because in the two months since I started setting this event up I couldn't come up with a better name!
Well I did but I was half asleep so completely forgot my clever alternative.

But Summer of Authors does fit more or less, because the authors are taking over the blog this summer!
More or less.

How much would I love to hand over the keys to them and just say "Okay see you in the fall!"

I'm not going to lie; I came home Thursday, started thinking and my brain decided to yell out "Strike!"
I am getting lazy.
A good part of it is probably the warm weather, not that I'll be going out and doing anything what with my lack of car.
And another part is probably my brain remembering last summer, when I shut down, and figures "Hey why wait? Let's just play possum already."

I'm feeling quite hopeful this year, but then I can't help but remember the whole those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it stuff. So that's a bit of a downer.

If that happens this year I'm sharing it here, no matter how dark or dramatic I make myself sound. It's been a while since I've had a "Drama Moment" anyway.

Something I will be sharing here The Summer of Authors!
The last two summers here were devoted to all things Meg Cabot, but since she doesn't have any new books out this year our Summer long Meg-fest isn't happening, so I decided to branch this summer out to other authors.

I spent my Easter reaching out to all these awesome authors asking if they'd be interested in being featuring on the blog for an entire week. Hence the "takeover."
In actuality they'll only be "taking over" two days with an author post and interview. The other three days is my love letter to them. Or really their books...maybe their characters.

Yay Matt! Or Dominic! Or that one guy whose death I might have to relive all over.
Yeah, that's not happening.

Here's how it is happening: Since I usually alternate weekly from books to anything else on my mind, each author will be featured every other week (with one exception in late July) starting June 30th with Natasha Larry and going on to the week of September 8th with Lisa Becker.  Those weeks will be all about the author for that week, and the weeks in between will be random as usual. Or if my brain get's it's way: shut off weeks.

I'm so looking forward to spending my summer with these authors. All who have had a book reviewed here before. Except the one I won't mention but it sounds very Meg Cabot-y so I'm sure I'll love it.

Schedule for the Summer of Authors:
Natasha Larry author of the Darwin's Children series: June 30 - July 4
Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki authors of Branded: July 14 - 18
Lola St. Vil author of The Guardians series: July 21 - 25
Louise Caiola author of The Making of Nebraska Brown: Aug. 11 - 15
Cara R. Olsen author of Awakening Foster Kelly: Aug. 25 - 29
Lisa Becker author Click: An Online Love Story: Sept. 8 - 12

(Schedule set as of June 8th, weeks subject to change.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment