Monday, July 14, 2014

Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki Author Interview


We begin our second week of author features with an interview from the authors of Branded Abi Ketner and Missy Kalicicki.

But first here's a little bit about them and their amazing book Branded:
First in The Sinners series so we do have more to look forward to!

Twenty years ago the Commander came into power and murdered all who opposed him. In his warped mind, the seven deadliest sins were the downfall of our society. He created the Hole where sinners are branded according to their sins and might survive a few years. At best.
Now LUST wraps around my neck like blue fingers strangling me.   I’ve been accused of a crime I didn’t commit and now the Hole is my new home.

Darkness. Death. Violence. Pain.
Now, every day is a fight for survival. But I won’t die. I won’t let them win.
The Hole can’t keep me. The Hole can’t break me.
I am more than my brand. I’m a fighter.
My name is Lexi Hamilton, and this is my story.


Genre: YA Dystopian Romance
Find it on: Goodreads
Author Bio:
Abi and Missy met in the summer of 1999 at college orientation and have been best friends ever since. After college, they added jobs, husbands and kids to their lives, but they still found time for their friendship. Instead of hanging out on weekends, they went to dinner once a month and reviewed books. What started out as an enjoyable hobby has now become an incredible adventure.



1. Will there be more stories following Lexi?

There will be two more books in The Sinners Series. Both are coming out in 2015.



2. Do you have a favorite character either in other books or one you've written?

Zeus. We loved writing him and we are both huge dog lovers, so we adore him.


3. What was the first thing you ever wrote about? And how old were you?

Abi- I never wrote anything fiction related that I can remember.

Missy- When I was twelve I just wrote a short story for school.



4. Do you have anything specific that inspires you, or makes you think something would make a good story?

Abi- For me it was my father, he always said to me during hard times. “Aber, you can overcome anything short of death. Also, I listen to music while I run and let my brain wonder… and my imagination kicks in.



5. What do you enjoy doing when you’re not writing?

Abi- Being with my family. I have 4 year oldtriplet girls and two boxers. I used to play soccer until I had my kids, so now I enjoy reading, working out and being a stay at home mom. Cheering on my Philadelphia Phillies.
Missy- Spending time with my husband and my two boys, reading, and anything our doors.



6. If you could travel back to the past or into the future where would you go?

Abi- I would go back to the day I first held my girls in the NICU. Time goes so fast, I would love to just hold my little miracles one more time.


7. Night owl, or early bird?

Abi & Missy- have to be night owls now because it’s our only time to write.



8. What is one book everyone should read?

That’s hard. Have to go with three. The Hunger Games, Catching Fire and The Fault In Our Stars.



9. Do you make a playlist while you write or have a certain song that you feel represents the story?

Abi- I had two songs that were my inspiration. Kelly Clarkson’s Dark Side and Honestly.

Missy- The three songs that come to mind for me are 1) Linkin Park’s Castle of Glass, Third Eye Blind’s Wounded, and Need to breathe’s Something Beautiful



10. Any advice for aspiring writers?

Stick with it. Believe in it. Find a good editor. Find reputable bloggers that will give you an honest opinion & believe in your book! Ask other authors for advice when you need it. The indie community is very supportive if you just ASK. It won’t be easy, and it’s definitely a long process, but it’s worth the effort when you can say you wrote a book!!!
 

11. Finish the sentence: I do my best writing when...

Abi- Listening to music that sets the mood for the scene I am writing.

Missy- I need complete silence.

 
Abi & Missy

No comments:

Post a Comment