Sunday, August 3, 2014

Princess Diaries Review


And so ends our Meg-A-Readers week.
Which simply leaves me saying: Bring on next year!
It's going to be bigger, better, longer. (By which I mean more than a week.)
I can not wait.
And of course the promise of 3 new books doesn't hurt either.

Since two of those books will be Princess Diaries related and I found out this morning that it's been 13 years since the movie premiered I decided to share my review for the book.

No way I'm going to try to write one for the movie.
Can I just say though that I remember the day it came out perfectly? Right up to the point when my cousin's step-dad decided to ruin the entire day for me.
Had I kept a better diary at the time it probably would have been very Princess Mia-esk:
"Oh my god! I can't believe he did that!"

Of course; it wasn't until two years later, when I started reading the books, that I started writing better. I was 13 when I read the first and 11 when the movie came out so all I wrote for that day was "Went to the movies with so and so. Someone else showed up. The end."
And yes, until recently I still had that diary. A few years ago I decided to throw it out. But not before typing it all out first; so it's all safe somewhere.

And now my review for The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think this is officially the first book that actually got me interested in reading. I think mostly since it's such a long series I knew exactly what I was going to read next. Unlike before where I would be completely confused as to what to read. I fell in love with this book the first time I read it; since then I don't even know the number of times I've reread it.
I learned a lot about myself rereading this, a lot of the views and opinions that I thought were my own, really weren't. I even made a list but unfortunately somehow lost it.
Which never would have happened had I written it in my journal.

This book showed me how much I have, and haven't, changed in the last 10 years.
I can't count the number of times I reread these books over the past decade, and loved it.


Also don't forget that Mandy is giving away a signed copy of The Mediator and an Airhead shirt.
It's the last day to enter so hurry!

No comments:

Post a Comment