Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Making of Nebraska Brown - Review

A couple times this week I mentioned how much I loved The Making of Nebraska Brown so finally after so many times saying that we get to my review from earlier this year.
Looking at it now I'm both surprised that I didn't write more and that I even managed to get that out.
It's definitely at the top of my list of books I need to reread.

The Making of Nebraska BrownThe Making of Nebraska Brown by Louise Caiola
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published February 6th 2014 by Immortal Ink Publishing

The last thing eighteen-year-old Ann Leigh remembers is running from her boyfriend in a thick Nebraska cornfield. This morning she’s staring down a cool Italian sunrise, an entire continent from the life she once knew. The events of the eighteen months in between have inexplicably gone missing from her memory.
All at once she’s living with Tommy, an attractive, young foreigner asking for her continued love. Though he’s vaguely familiar, she recalls a boy named Shane in America who she reluctantly agreed to marry. Juggling a new world while her old one is still M.I.A is difficult enough without the terrifying movie scenes spinning a dizzy loop in her mind: glimpses of a devastating house fire, a romance gone wrong, an unplanned pregnancy, and a fractured family – each claiming to be part of who she once was – a girl and a past somehow discarded.
Ann Leigh must collect the pieces of herself to become whole again, but she doesn’t know who to trust especially when Tommy’s lies become too obvious to ignore. And above all, her heart aches to discover what became of the child she may or may not have given birth to.

The Making of Nebraska Brown tells the story of one girl’s coming apart from the inside and the great lengths she’ll go to reclaim herself and find her way home.




It's books like this that make me wish I had the ability to cry over a book.
I don't. Which is probably worse than crying over any other book.


The Making of Nebraska Brown is an amazing book with a beautifully written story.

I also wish I could call that my review.
It left me speechless and, yet, there is so much I want to say about it.

How I managed to ever put it down I don't know; because I couldn't wait to get to the end and find out Ann Leigh's full story. And it is such a heart breaking story, I really felt for Ann Leigh and everything that she had gone through.
Just imagining what it would feel like to not only lose a part of who you are but also everyone you know and care about. And not even be sure if they ever existed in the first place!

And then finding everything out and having to start over and find your way again.
That's a lot to take.

And I mean that as a reader!
At certain points I kind of wanted to jump in there and help Ann Leigh.
I was rooting for her, I was crying for her (or at least trying to) I was just feeling so much for this one character.

This is one of those books that will stay with me for a very long while.

Why I haven't recommended it like crazy to everyone I know, is beyond me.
This is one of the greatest book I've read this year. If not in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment