Friday, September 12, 2014

Right Click - Review

Right ClickRight Click by Lisa Becker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published May 17th 2014 by Createspace

Love. Marriage. Infidelity. Crises of identity. Death. Cupcakes.
The themes in Right Click, the third and final installment in the Click series, couldn't be more pressing for this group of friends as they navigate through their 30's.
Another six months have passed since we last eavesdropped on the hilarious, poignant and oftentimes inappropriate email adventures of Renee and friends.
 As the story continues to unfold, relationships are tested and some need to be set "right" before everyone can find their "happily ever after."



I loved this series! And I loved spending time with these 5 hilarious characters.

It was so great seeing them come full circle in this one and having everyone get their "happily ever after."

Renee is so relatable and such a real character that you can only ever find in chick-lit. Like I mentioned in my review for Click, I used to read chick-lit all the time but it's been a while since I've been able to find a chick-lit book that I could truly enjoy. This trilogy changed that for sure.
Unlike any other genre, or book in it's own genre, it's real. And that's counting "realistic fiction." It's not trying to be something it's not. It's not asking you to believe any uncommon situation. It's all real and it's something we've all probably dealt with.
Although maybe not so far as the extent that Renee had to deal with them.
But that's probably what makes it funnier.

I lost count how many times I started wishing I had friends like hers. They're all a great, in sync, bunch. I even loved Shelly, the somewhat slutty one, and I normally can't stand the slutty-sounding friend.
I feel like that alone is saying something.

No comments:

Post a Comment