Friday, September 26, 2014

The Edge of Always - Review, Thoughts, Feelings

The Edge of Always (The Edge of Never, #2)The Edge of Always by J.A. Redmerski
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published January 14th 2014 by Forever

He was taking the long road. She was taking the road to nowhere. It just so happened that they led to the same place…

Five months ago, Camryn and Andrew, both dealing with personal hardships, met on a Greyhound bus. They fell in love and proved that when two people are meant to be together, fate will find a way to make it happen.

Now, in the highly anticipated sequel to THE EDGE OF NEVER, Camryn and Andrew are pursuing their love for music and living life to the fullest as they always swore to do. But when tragedy befalls them, their relationship is put to the ultimate test. As Camryn tries to numb her pain, Andrew makes a bold decision: To get their life back on track, they’ll set out on another cross-country road trip. Together they find excitement, passion, adventure—and challenges they never could have anticipated.

Sexy. Daring. Dangerous. THE EDGE OF ALWAYS takes you on a ride you won’t forget .



Yeah; I can honestly say I agree with the last part in the description and say that I won't soon be forgetting this story.

I'm also going to be honest and say I was afraid to start this book.

When I finally did start it after having it for weeks (more like months) I couldn't bring myself to fall back into Camryn and Andrew's world. I put up a lot of resistance even when it came to simply sitting down to continue reading.
Suddenly the simplest things became priorities that needed to be done, I had no problem turning off my Nook for days to focus on something else, I did everything but hide it away somewhere.

I fought. To read it to not read it, some days I wasn't even sure what side I was on.

But I never once even thought: Maybe I just shouldn't read this.
Because, like with The Edge of Never, I needed to read this book. Both had a story to tell and I needed to hear it.

When I read The Edge of Never last year I said it found me when I needed it most. Of course, now I'm not trying to sound philosophical when I say this but, I was a different person then. I wish I could explain why, especially considering that not a lot has changed for me; I'm exactly where I was this time last year. But at some point in the last few months I've hit a sort of peace.

(A sort of peace that doesn't make me want to just get up, say screw it all and go. That's how The Edge of Never "found me" last year; I was not too far from doing what Camryn does. Actually I practically did, so it was more than appropriate that I started reading it a month later.)

So maybe that was it: The Edge of Never found me and I found The Edge of Always. Two books with one main message to one person at two different points in her life.
The Edge of Never came to me at the exact moment when I needed it. And maybe at this point in my life- or whatever point I was in when I started to try to read it- I didn't exactly need The Edge of Always.
And, after having read it, I can only hope I never get to a point in my life where I will need it. But I do have it now and, like I said above, I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.


I guess I should try to explain why I was afraid to start reading and go back into that world.
Simply put: I read the description, saw the word tragedy figured out what was going to happen right then and there and pretty much had to fight myself from breaking into tears.
From just the description.

I wish I could explain why that hit me so hard, but that's a mystery even to me.

Another mystery is why I couldn't let myself stay in their world for too long. The only answer I can give is that it was real.
This book is about the real world, real life and maybe someone's reality.

Also it did have a handful of moments where it lagged a bit.

Hey look I actually said something about the book itself.
I probably shouldn't even call this a review since other than my feelings towards the book I'm not sure I can say my feelings for the book.

All I can really say, I guess, is that it's a beautiful story about life and it really inspired me.
It made me think, it made me feel. It hit me like no other book before.

No comments:

Post a Comment