Saturday, October 18, 2014

24 hour Read-a-thon

4th year joining this read-a-thon!
And I was so ready to skip it to go to the book fair in Las Vegas.
I live in Los Angeles so that would have been quite the trip. Had I gone I do hope I could have gotten some point in the book community for most miles traveled.
For the record my parents drove out there for the weekend so I had a perfect reason for tagging along.
Sadly I'm "needed" here. And on the super plus side I get to join the read-a-thon!

I had to miss last October's because I was at another book event, this one at the downtown library which is a lot closer to home. I don't know why book events and read-a-thons always coincide for me. It's like life is saying "Ha! You have to pick one!"


I have been running all week (not literally, because me, run? ha!) but I've only had so many hours to read and today I just want to make up for all that lost time this week.
And the next 8 weeks.

Reading today:
 
No, But I Saw the Movie: The Best Short Stories Ever Made Into Film Eve of Chaos (Marked, #3) Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) The Future of Us The Cowboy and the Vampire (The Cowboy and the Vampire, #1)

No, But I Saw the Movie
Eve of Chaos by Sylvia Day (who happens to be at a certain book event this weekend, just sayin')
Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
The Future of Us by Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
The Cowboy and the Vampire by Clark Hays & Kathleen McFall


No, But I Saw the Movie is an anthology I actually started during the read-a-thon in April and decided to save it for this one afterwards so I'd have shorter stories to turn to.

No comments:

Post a Comment