Monday, October 13, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

2a
 
I don't know how much reading I'll get to do this week but I'm sure it won't be as much as usual. Unfortunately that probably goes for the rest of the year. At least until I manage to find a balance between reading and only being home for two hours in the day.
I will never understand how some people manage to read 400 paged books in less than a week. I'm lucky when I can get pass 200. On a good week.

Books finished since last post:
Fifty First Times: A New Adult AnthologyFifty First Times: A New Adult Anthology by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Read it because of a few authors, found a few authors.
Most were just "there."




Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Didn't love it as much as the first.





Three Nights with a Rock Star (Half-Life, #1)
Three Nights with a Rock Star by Amber Lin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

REVIEW HERE SOON




Pie Girls
Pie Girls by Lauren Clark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What a great book about finding yourself. I loved joining Searcy on her very bumpy journey to self-discovery.
Searcy is such a strong character; everything that gets thrown at her she takes it in perfect stride. And I'll admit about every other chapter I'd think to myself "Alright this is the chapter where she'll snap." But she never did! And that's pretty awesome.
Again she's strong and never let's life knock her down.
Well, except that bit in the beginning. But- hey- you have to fall before you rise again. And Searcy didn't just rise, she shot up.

The story is very funny, very sweet and very very enjoyable. The characters are fun and so loveable, even the one's that only make brief appearances.

This is the second book by Lauren Clark that I've read and I have to admit that she's becoming one of my favorite go-to authors.

Audiobooks:
Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, Book 1)Revenge of the Witch by Joseph Delaney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Interesting.



The Legend of Sleepy HollowThe Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Listening to Tom Mison read it is much more preferable to when I had to read it with my 4th grade class.

EnchantedEnchanted by Alethea Kontis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars





Reading this week:
 
John Dreamer A Pinch of Ooh La La The Future of Us

Audiobooks:
 
Beautiful Days: A Bright Young Things Novel

1 comment:

  1. I didn't love Pandemonium the much as the first one in the series either, but still liked it okay. Hope you have another awesome reading week :-)

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete