Friday, November 7, 2014

Doctor Who: Touched by an Angel - Review

Doctor Who: Touched by an AngelDoctor Who: Touched by an Angel by Jonathan Morris
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published March 6th 2014 by BBC Books

'The past is like a foreign country. Nice to visit, but you really wouldn't want to live there.'

In 2003, Rebecca Whitaker died in a road accident. Her husband Mark is still grieving. He receives a battered envelope, posted eight years earlier, containing a set of instructions with a simple message: 'You can save her.'

As Mark is given the chance to save Rebecca, it's up to the Doctor, Amy and Rory to save the whole world. Because this time the Weeping Angels are using history itself as a weapon.


An adventure featuring the Eleventh Doctor, as played by Matt Smith, and his companions Amy and Rory


This should be considered a milestone for me and this blog because it's my first Doctor Who book review.
It's a milestone only because I've been a Doctor Who fan for as long as I've been blogging.
I do remember a few Doctor references my first year blogging. And I might have mentioned to someone that I'd be interested in maybe reading some spin-off books.

Problem: I don't normally like spin-off books.
I have to be either really smitten with a show or in a certain mood.

And a Doctor Who book featuring Weeping Angels definitely puts me in a mood.
And also I'm pretty smitten.

Reading this was about as much fun as watching the show. To a point where I really started to miss watching it.
It was genuine Doctor Who.

I'm such a huge time travel fan that I will devour any story that has a hint of going back in time and messing with the future. Or trying to not mess with the future as they usually go. So I couldn't not dive into this story and fall in love all over again with these characters.

Jonathan Morris' interpretation of the characters was perfectly dead on if not better.

1 comment:

  1. I was just browsing by and stumbled upon your lovely blog. It has interesting and informative posts that I enjoy xD Great review as well, def. checking out this read now! Hope you check out my blog? Keep in touch x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections
    A Thousand Pieces of You Hardcover Giveaway

    ReplyDelete