Wednesday, December 24, 2014

#7 of 2014 - The One by Kiera Cass

The One (Selection #3)
The One by Kiera Cass
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published May 6th 2014 by HarperTeen

The time has come for one winner to be crowned.

When she was chosen to compete in the Selection, America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown—or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the end of the competition approaches, and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose—and how hard she'll have to fight for the future she wants.




Glad I Gave a Chance


I can't believe I almost passed on these books.


I don't know why I almost passed on these books and I honestly can't say why I jumped to read them but I'm so glad whatever reason I had came along.
But really about a month after I read The Selection I won a copy of it so I would have read it eventually.
It was fate!

The One bought back emotions that I haven't felt towards a book in years. The excitement and anticipation. All the ideas going through my mind about what might happen: What if she picks him? What is he doesn't pick her? What if something really bad happens!? And then trying not to read ahead of myself. Getting to the climax; where I did tell someone that I was having my emotions toyed with by a fictional character when asked what I was doing.

I just loved it all!

But as much as I loved this trilogy, I didn't exactly jump for joy when I heard it wasn't going to be a trilogy anymore. I loved the idea for the next books, and I was excited, but a part of me had already let go of these characters who so easily "toyed with my emotions". All in all though I am looking forward to the upcoming books and having all those emotions bought back once again.


5 Favorite Quotes from The One

“Live your life. Be happy as you can be, let go of the things that don't matter, and fight.”

“You are not the world, but you are everything that makes the world good.”

“It’s hard to know everything about people close to you, even the people you love the most.”  

“But even now I know this isn't a fairy tale. I know that we'll have hard times, confusing times. I know that things won't always happen the way we want them to and that we'll have to work to remember that we chose this. It won't be perfect, not all the time.
This isn't happily ever after.
It's so much more than that.”  

"Sometimes I try to imagine what it would have been like if we'd never met...I'd rather lose you now than have gone a lifetime without this.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment