Saturday, February 21, 2015

2015 Love-a-Thon Questionnaire


It's Love-a-thon time again! I'm going to say I've been participating from it's beginning, only because I've forgotten how many years it's been since Katelyn came up with this awesome idea.

I'm going to say it's the 4th, only because I just cheated and looked at a post from last year. A few of the past years have kind of blurred together (trust me it's for the better) so I can not believe this is the fourth year.
I still remember the first. Especially since I was pretty sleep deprived that year.

Thanks to our host Alexa for what I'm sure will be another great year.
And thanks to everyone else for stopping by!

Now on to this year's questions:

1. What’s your name?

They call me Diana.

Well except those few people who insist on calling me Diane. Which annoys the hell out of me.

Technically my name is the Latin version so it should be pronounced Dee-a-na; but most people have trouble with the accent so I just tell them to stick with the English version.
Which then some how get's twisted into the "American" version.


2. Where in the world are you blogging from?

I am in just-sunny-enough Los Angeles. Land of earthquakes and double book fairs in April!


3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?

I feel like I've answered this so many times that I don't even know the answer any more.

This wasn't originally going to be a book blog, honestly I only call it that when it's convenient; I wanted more than that. In the end that's mainly what it is but what got me started was just wanting to get some thoughts out of my head.

Which might also explain why they don't make sense sometimes.


4. How did you come up with your blog name?

What, my random response for the first question didn't make it clear?

I am a bit of a drama queen. In the short bio on the side bar I explain that I have been a "self-proclaimed" drama queen since I was 12, and that's true but it wasn't until sometime in high school that I kind of started liking the idea of using that as a label for myself.

The Little Miss part came when I realized that my initials are DLM and if you put the D at the end it's LMD = Little Miss Drama.

That also explains my Twitter handle @LMD129. (The 129 is my birthday: 1/29)


6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?

I get the feeling I mentioned this during last year's love-a-thon; or maybe it was my own post where I mentioned some new posts I planned on doing. One that I was starting- and am still trying to make regular- was my Books, Bags, Beads and Boys post where I feature one of those four. And another I'm just starting out is my Song(s) of the Moment where I try to pick a song the represents the week I've had, or simply a song I've had on repeat.

Then there's my longer running Quotable Quotes, which should be pretty self explanatory. I love quotes.


8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?

That it is a community. I really like the common bond with people I might have otherwise never known.


9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2015!

Meg Cabot's Royal Wedding, Hunted by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki, Lair of Dreams by Libba Bray, Queen by Aimee Carter and The Heir by Kiera Cass.


10. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?

Branded by Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki, Hunted is the sequel.


12. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?

Old movies! I also make jewelry, I keep saying I want to start selling but am still working on that.


13. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?

Bags! But they have to have an interesting design, such as my Casablanca one.

5 comments:

  1. I've really want to read Branded, I hear it's great! I love shopping for bags, I adore my D&G one. Lovely getting to know you!

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recommend trying Branded; especially if you like dystopias.
      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, you make jewelry? That's pretty awesome! I'd love to see what you come up with :) And what old movies do you like watching? That Casablanca bag is perfect, by the way.

    Thanks for joining the Love-a-Thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I mainly love old musicals, anything Gene Kelly is perfection for me. And I think old romances are the only ones I can sit through.

      Hopefully I'll be able to start selling my stuff soon, followers here will probably be one of the first to hear about it when I do.

      Delete
  3. That's so cool that you make jewelry!! I love wearing jewelry and use to make jewelry myself a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete