Saturday, February 21, 2015

Book Valentines: Mini-challenge #2


I wanted to make a valentine to some of my authors. And I wouldn't be surprised if a part of me believed that I did. I'm not sure how I forgot, it's probably because my few attempts to make any valentines were shot down by people being fascinated by any attempt I made to start one.

I once had a guy tell me that one of my projects looked like a bad dream he'd have, that didn't stop me, if anything I thought "cool". But have someone come by and look at me as if to say "Aww how cute are you, trying to express love." That'll shut things down quick.

Hmm, I more or less just explained the way I went with this post.

I did not make my author valentine, and I was unable to express my love for whoever.
I suck when it comes to book boyfriends. Book or otherwise, really.

Back to my point; I had to think back to the last guy I fell for and that was Gavriel from Grave Mercy back in December. I was hoping to continue with the series over the holidays but couldn't get to them.

As I've mentioned before I love old movies, and when I was trying to think of something to do for this challenge I couldn't help but remember a Judy Garland song You Made Me Love You. My original plan was to twist it so it would fit with Gavriel.

And really Gavriel and Gable, it's not much of a jump. But when I listened to it again I couldn't help but realize that's how I feel about all the characters I care about in books so this is to them all.
 

5 comments:

  1. That is quite an explanation,; I love it! Anything Judy Garland sings is good with me. I don't have any book boyfriends, so I did a valentine from one book character to another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that should be a disclaimer for this blog: Will get sidetracked with explanation.

      Delete
  2. This is unique! Gavriel is awesome, I love him too! I really like this song and I think that is a great valentine song pick! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Like I mentioned above Gavriel and Gable rhyming is what got me about the song.

      Delete
  3. Ooh, love your pick of a Valentine! And I love the song you've picked as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete