Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

Thanks to the Captivated Reader for the nomination!

I think I might have been nominated for a different blog award a few years back but for some reason chose not to participate.
I really do appreciate the nominations though.
Especially this one because I feel like I've been neglecting not only my own blog, but the usual blogs I follow.

Here are the rules for the The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:

1. Thank the blogger that nominated you, and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo onto your blog.
3. Answer the 10 questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 other bloggers and ask them 10 questions.



10 Questions from Captivated Reader:

1. What book series have you read or are currently reading that you would recommend to other readers? 

I'm always saying that I try to avoid recommending books, which is probably why it takes me forever to write about books I love, because I feel like I'm putting a piece of myself out there by sharing something that I love.
But if I had to pick I'd say Serenity's Plain Secrets by Karen Ann Hopkins; the second just came out but they're great mysteries.

2. Do you listen to audiobooks? If so, which one would you highly recommend?

I listen to audiobooks while working in class, sometimes while just sitting in class and pretending to work if it's really good. One I would highly recommend is definitely Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. It's read by the author and the different voices she does for all the characters are just amazing. As is the book.


3. What are you reading (or listening to) now?

Reading The 100 by Kass Morgan, listening to Frozen by Melissa de la Cruz & Michael Johnston

4. What's your favorite comfort food and/or beverage to enjoy while reading/listening to a book?

People always mention this and I'm always left wondering if I actually ever do that. As far as I can see I don't think I do eat or drink while reading.

5. What do you most enjoy about blogging?

Mainly getting an idea or a book out there.

6. Which author would you most like to meet?

Tie between Michelle Moran and Michele Jaffe.

7. What's your least favorite genre to read?

Tie between sci-fi (excluding dystopias) and contemporary romance even though I can gladly sit through a romantic movie on the Hallmark channel I can rarely sit though a book with the same premise.

8. Where would you go on your dream vacation?

Greece.

9. Do you like novels with predictable and/or happy endings?

Depends how predictable. I live for unexpected twists; if anything sometimes that's what gets a book 5 stars.

10. What's your favorite color?
 
Periwinkle.
 
 
I'm going to cheat and only nominate 5 blogs; as I mentioned above I've been kind of neglecting the blogger world lately. As it is I've mainly been reading these blogs without commenting.
 
1) Stephanie @ My Bookish Itinerary
2  Stephanie @ Ohana Reads 
4) Fay @ Blog A Book Etc

 
My questions:
1) What was the last great book you read?
2) Do you have a go-to author or genre that you'll read no matter what?
3) What's one of your favorite quotes or lines from a book?
4) What's the longest book you've ever read?
5) If someone came up to you in a bookstore and asked for a recommendation which book would you tell them?
6) Is there one thing you would like to do on your blog but haven't?
7) How long does it take you to write up a blog post?
8) What made you want to start blogging?
9) Do you have any blogging habits that you'd like to make or break?
10) What do you do when you're not reading or blogging?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for participating!! I enjoyed reading your answers. :-)

    ReplyDelete