Monday, March 9, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

My attempts to get my reviews back on track continues, and I got two very wanted ARCs a couple of weeks ago so I can only imagine how my progress will go.

Since my last post I've read:

Rebel QueenRebel Queen by Michelle Moran
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

4.5ish
The writing was amazing as in all her books but the plot was kind of meh.
Full review hopefully later this week.


 
The Beginning of EverythingThe Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3.5
I feel like it tired me out. And that might be a good thing since it got me feeling something but...

The Devoted FriendThe Devoted Friend by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars






The Happy PrinceThe Happy Prince by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars







Gave up on:
 
Without YouWithout You by Reylynn Purdue

I'm sorry I just couldn't do it. The more I read the more I disliked Roxanne. It was basically the opposite effect most books have; where you grow to eventually like a character, with this I started off liking her but it all went down after chapter 2.
Apparently I preferred her depressed and dependent on pills as opposed to the wreck-less and "freewheeling" that she quickly turned into. I would have kept going but looking at other reviews I don't think my opinion will change back.


I also put Dorothy Must Die on hold, I just wasn't in the mood. Plus I read a couple of reviews that mentioned it lags a bit.


Reading this week:
Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel A Touch of Stardust Minders

Once upon a time I would have put everything on hold to read a Princess Diaries book, or more likely would have finished it before I was even able to put it down, but it's been 5 years and I want to take it slow.

4 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about The Beginning of Everything, but I'm not a huge YA contemporary fan. Still on the fence about that one! Today I'm working through more of THE PAPER MAGICIAN by Charlie N. Holmberg, which I'm liking! It's got a slight vibe akin to The Night Circus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not big on YA contemporary either but I'll try it once in a while.

      Delete
  2. I hate whenever the heroine of a book annoys me. It's almost always a DNF. And I too had to put Dorothy Must Die on hold whenever I tried to read it. It seems so good, but I just cannot get in the mood for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try sticking with books even if I can't stand the main character but this one really didn't have any reviews praising her.

      Delete