Tuesday, April 21, 2015

My Top Ten ALL TIME Favorite Authors

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

My top ten ALL TIME favorite authors? Like the ten I would invite to a murder mystery dinner party?
That needs to be an event; a murder mystery party with authors. I'd be there!

Hmm. Went a little further out there than usual.


No doubt about my first two:

1) Meg Cabot. The one person who can send me a note telling me there's a special place for me in the Underworld and make me want to cry happy tears.
I kind of wanted to build a shrine to her in high school; because having my tiny bookshelf filled with her books just wasn't enough. Truth after finishing Royal Wedding a few weeks ago I was tempted once again to do so.
Meg Cabot inspiring me to do all sorts of things since 2003.

2) Libba Bray. Libba! I saw her a few weeks ago at YALLWEST and kind of totally developed a crush on her. It wasn't even my first time meeting her, which is why I didn't mind too much missing her signing, but something about being in the same place at her had me totally giddy.
And she totally killed it on stage with Tiger Beat which just enforced her awesomeness.
Libba Bray making me overuse the word "totally" since the beginning so this statement. Totally.


Wait, was I suppose to say something about their books? Because they're all pretty amazing too. Naturally.
Honestly I think as far as "all time favorites" go I can stop now.

3) Oscar Wilde. Huge change right? He's been a favorite for a while but I've been reading a lot of his work lately.
Although truth; I might have skimmed a few because he does go on.

4) Michelle Moran. I can never remember if she's the reason I like history or if she just reminds me why I love history.
It's the latter. But she does have a way of reminding me.

5) Lauren Oliver. Her writing is so lyrical, I can't get enough.

6) Michele Jaffe. I feel like she's the me in the book world. Awesome (yeah I went there), doing her own thing and only known by so many readers.

7) Richelle Mead. Of all her books I've read I think I've only ever given one 4 stars. Everything else being 5.


Random note authors 2, 5, and 7 were all on the same panel at YALLWEST.


8)  Melissa de la Cruz. Is there any genre she hasn't done?

9) Anna Godbersen. She has such a beautiful way of describing historical settings.

10) Abi Ketner & Missy Kalicicki. It's not cheating if both wrote one book right?
I've only read their one book- twice- and both times it took me a million miles away.

4 comments:

  1. Great list!
    Meg Cabot made my list as well.
    I REALLY NEED to read Libba Bray. I have a couple of her books, but haven't had the chance to read them yet. I should fix that soon!
    I also really like Lauren Oliver.
    Wonderful picks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice list I don't think I've read any books by the authors you've mentioned!! I will be having fun discovering new authors!!

    Here'a to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/04/top-ten-all-time-favorite-authors.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try a few out, they're all pretty different so you can't go wrong with any.

      Delete