Monday, May 4, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


I'm making this an April recap since it's been so long since my last post.
So long that I'm kind of just sitting here trying to figure out what I've been doing all this time.
I'm sure that a partial answer could be "just sitting here."

Oh well, what are you going to do?
Other than stop "just sitting there."

My month in books:
 
How to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel AmazingHow to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing by Alison Freer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Alison Freer's writing is so much fun to read. It was like an instant best friend.
An instant best friend telling me how to dress. I've only been fighting them off since middle school.(And don't get me started on the "let me cover you in make up "friends.")

My only problem with the book is that I don't feel like she ever addressed women of my body type, that is the petite ruler type. She went on and on about curves and different types of waist lines, but never really got to those of us who are, more less, shapeless.
Also I've never been a one style type of girl so I got a little confused with all the different types she mentioned.
That's really just my lack of fashion knowledge, though. (Hence the "friends" trying to dress me.) But thanks to this book I have been inspired to try and define my style. Right mow I think I'm in a "Retro-Modern" thing but I'll let you know once I finalize it.

That one thing aside, all the tips in this book are awesome and, as someone who is constantly altering her clothes, incredibly helpful. It's a beyond great reference book that I will definitely be buying first chance I get.

And then most likely using it to death every time I need advice on something I recently got. Like the used things I receive that need adjusting... or cleaning.

The chapter on stain removal itself is a godsend, every few stains I kept thinking "where were you a few month/weeks ago?!"(Nail polish on my favorite shirt + me going crazy looking for help online = a permanent blue smug on my favorite shirt.)

There's probably a handful of things I won't be doing- I know, I know, I'll feel bad because I know it's wrong but old habits and all- but at least now I'll know how to do them.


ORIGINAL REVIEW POST

Stunning (Pretty Little Liars, #11)Stunning by Sara Shepard
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Why are these four so easy to manipulate? Does A even have to try?





Star-Child: A Fable by Oscar WildeStar-Child: A Fable by Oscar Wilde by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars






An Ideal HusbandAn Ideal Husband by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 4 of 5 stars







Yellowstone Moran: Painting the American WestYellowstone Moran: Painting the American West by Lita Judge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I love Yellowstone. And my last name happens to be Moran; which is what caught my attention. Of all the times I've visited I'm kind of surprised I've never heard this story before.

Royal Wedding: A Princess Diaries NovelRoyal Wedding: A Princess Diaries Novel by Meg Cabot
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

REVIEW HERE SOON!





The Importance of Being EarnestThe Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
My rating: 5 of 5 stars






Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper StoryHold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story by David Levithan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars







James Dean: A Life in PicturesJames Dean: A Life in Pictures by Marie Clayton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars






MindersMinders by Michele Jaffe
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

That final line!
This book is its own genre.




Audiobooks:
 
The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1)The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars






Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter, #2)Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I could have enjoyed the end a lot more if people hadn't decided to live in their worlds and treat me like I was in their way, resulting in me having to remind myself not to snap at them.

 
Getting Naked: Five Steps to Finding the Love of Your Life (While Fully Clothed & Totally Sober)Getting Naked: Five Steps to Finding the Love of Your Life by Harlan Cohen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm calling it on this one. I wasn't actually looking for dating advice I just wasn't in the mood to listen to a novel or biography and this was a recommendation from another dating book I read.



Reading this week:
From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess Day 21

No comments:

Post a Comment