Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ten Favorite Meg Cabot Quotes

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

I've gotta pull the Meg-A-Readers card on this top ten. Both because I'm writing really long posts dedicated to Meg Cabot so they're taking longer to go up and because I couldn't think of anything else to do.
Lesson here: don't give me a free topic during Meg-a-Readers.
Although, knowing me, I'd still manage to twist it around.

You have to give me points for picking quotes instead of just listing off books, especially since my internet was down.
And it is kind of a fit since this morning I mentioned that one of my favorite things about her new book From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess starts with the same A Little Princess quote as The Princess Diaries


I'm going to try to keep going with the top ten quote theme from a few weeks ago on these of "inspirational" quotes:


1)“Do one thing every day that frightens you, and never think that you can’t make a difference. Even if you’re only sixteen, and everyone is telling you that you’re just a silly teenage girl—don’t let them push you away. Remember one other thing Eleanor Roosevelt said: ‘No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.’ You are capable of great things—never let anyone try to tell you that just because you’ve only been a princess for twelve days, you don’t know what you’re doing.”
Princess Mia

2) “Don't ever let them tell you that you're too stupid to do something. I'm not saying it's going to be easy for you,... Maybe you're going to have to work for it a little harder than other people, which I know isn't fair. But that doesn't mean you should just give up. Because if you do that, then where will you be?”   
Abandon

3) “Rule #12 We all make mistakes, and we all deserve a second chance.”    
The New Girl

4) “No one's future is certain. It depends on the choices they make.”    
Overbite

5) “When something horrible happens, it's human nature to want to blame it on someone. We want someone to be held accountable, even though sometimes things just happen.”    
Abandon

6) “I think we make our own luck. Our parents give us life, but what we do with that life is our own responsibility.”    
Underworld

7) “Sometimes we need to take big risks if we want to find out who we are, and what we were put on this planet for.”    
Queen of Babble

8) “always remember that on the path to happiness, sometimes there are unexpected twists and turns... but that doesn't mean they aren't the perfect twists and turns for you.”

9) “if you want to live forever, figure out what it is that you feel passionate about, then follow that dream.”

10) “I realized that life is so short: Why waste one minute of it worrying what other people think or say about you, or what score you got on some test? Why not believe what you want to believe, and do what you love?”

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful post!! I love all the quotes you picked!! :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I was going to share my favorite funny Meg Cabot quote but don't want to spoil the theme so here's one of my favorite inspirational ones. It from Awaken: We do need storms sometimes, because they clear away the bracken so that the sun can shine on flowers that might never otherwise have had a chance to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I thought about doing half inspirational and half funny but I think I've done funny before. I'll need to add that quote from Awaken, while picking I realized that's it's probably time to update.

      Delete
  3. I didn't do this week because I couldn't figure out what to do. This was a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. I couldn't think of anything either, this was pretty much a last minute idea.

    ReplyDelete