Monday, June 29, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pUbg149me8Y/TmU08mybiGI/AAAAAAAAACQ/nRd-PgTVjYo/s1600/3.jpg

Since my last It's Monday post I have been finishing books so quickly that for a while it was one a day.
I love it when that happens, it always makes me feel like I'm getting through so much.

Finished since last post:


Fallen Idol (Love and Music in Texas, #4)Fallen Idol by Nikki Lynn Barrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to a lot of country music while reading this. I just felt like sharing that.
And really "a lot" isn't more than usual since I listen to the genre regularly. Which is why this book caught my attention in the first place.

My attention isn't all this story caught though but my heart too. From the start it was an instant love affair that so few books manage to achieve (even by the end). I felt like I already knew these characters and was just revisiting a favorite place.

It felt like such a comfort read that it might as well been like going home.

It's a great mix of romance and mystery; and both are so perfect that I don't even think there's a word to describe them when combined.

As someone who is constantly looking for characters who are fighters and non-stop action, Fallen Idol was a great change of pace. It's nice to step away from what I usually read and turn to something that gives you non-stop emotions and makes you stop to think on different levels.

It's definitely a new favorite that I won't be forgetting anytime soon.


ORIGINAL REVIEW

The Girl's Guide: Getting the hang of your whole complicated, unpredictable, impossibly amazing lifeThe Girl's Guide: Getting the hang of your whole complicated, unpredictable, impossibly amazing life by Melissa Kirsch
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It was fun.




Back To FutureBack To Future by George Gipe
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As part of my Summer Reading Challenge.
Plus I'm going to the 30th Anniversary concert screening tomorrow at the Hollywood Bowl so I thought it's be fun.




A Letter to My MomA Letter to My Mom by Lisa Erspamer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My review will be up later this week!




Nail ArtNail Art by Douglas Scotti
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

When it comes to nail art you either can or you can't. (I use stencils and they still come out a mess sometimes.) The designs in this book are probably good starters but unless the actual book will be coming with a few supplies mentioned undoable.
It could probably use more instructions on how to draw some things out, (if we knew how we probably wouldn't turn to a book). But I think it's the perfect book to get young girls inspired to try out different designs for their own nails.

The Queen (The Selection, #0.4)The Queen by Kiera Cass
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Despite the ending and what the king really is, I liked it.





October Mourning: A Song for Matthew ShepardOctober Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard by Lesléa Newman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I honestly didn't even know what to say after finishing this.





Reading this week:
Requiem (Delirium, #3) Becoming a Jett Girl (Bourbon, #1)

No comments:

Post a Comment