Saturday, June 13, 2015

Summer Reading Challenge

Since the usual Summer event I participate in- and co-host- (Meg-a-Readers, celebrating all things Meg Cabot) ended yesterday I decided to do something else to celebrate the summer.
I probably shouldn't call Meg-a-Readers a "summer event" since it's only ever lasted the summer once. And if I really wanted to create a "usual Summer event" I could have kept going with last year's "Summer of Authors."

But I wanted something else and something semi-new.

I say "semi-" because I've already participated in this, on this blog.

So many years ago, (I'm gonna call it three) I was invited to join a Summer reading challenge, which I loved so much that I was always looking for someone to do it again. Then a few weeks ago while looking through past posts I found one that I did for the challenge.

I decided to look into it and discovered that the original blog that first hosted it no longer exists, like click on the link and get weird car ads non-existing. I thought maybe the blogger (her name is Kate) just decided to change blogs but nope. If she did I didn't find a link.


I loved doing this challenge so much that I hope she won't mind me taking it and giving it another year.
And inviting others to join in.

That categories are:
1. One Book Recommended By A Friend.
2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year.
3. One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember.
4. One Book From Your To Be Read List.
5. One Book You've Never Heard Of.
6. One Classic.
7. One Book You Started But Never Finished.
8. One New Release.
9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.
10. One Chunkster (400+ Pages).


Challenge runs June 13 to September 13. I know the banner says 12 but might as well call it an even 3 months.

I'd love it if you'd join me!
Just leave links with the books you plan on reading in the comments. I'll add an official link up if enough people show interest.

List of course are not set in stone and can be changed. And as for where you're making these list it can be anywhere you want, if you can share a list of books go for it.



As for me I'll be reading:
1) (still looking for recommendations for this one; so please help!)
2) Requiem by Lauren Oliver
3) 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
4) Back to the Future by George Gipe (This is a novelization of the movie, but since I'm going to the 30th Anniversary screening I thought it'd be appropriate. Plus it's been on my shelf for almost two years.)
5) Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen
6) Hamlet by William Shakespeare
7) Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot
8) The Heir Kiera Cass
9) Rapture Practice by Aaron Hartzler
10) Hunted by Abi Ketner &  Missy Kalicicki (Really this is more like a mini-chunkster since it barely passes 400 pages.)


UPDATED JUNE 23
I've decided to make Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire my "Chunkster" read instead since I realized that most of the books I'll be reading are about the same length as Hunted.

3 comments:

  1. Alright, I'm in! Working on my list. Will post sometime next week. Oh god, I'm behind already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Don't worry about being behind I'm still getting the word out and probably won't start working on my list until next week.
      Talk about being behind.

      Delete
  2. Here's my list: http://ladyjessop.com/?p=712

    ReplyDelete