Friday, July 3, 2015

A Letter to My Mom - Book Review

A Letter to My Mom by Lisa Erspamer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Published April 7th 2015 by Crown Archetype

in the A Letter to My series (after A Letter to My Dog and A Letter to My Cat) takes on mothers, with celebrities and civilians writing letters of gratitude and admiration to the women who raised them, alongside gorgeous, intimate photos.



Me before reading this book: "Oh a book of letters I love letters. Easy read."
Me 30 pages in: "Mommy!"

This was not an easy read at all. I have to admit that even though a part of me figured it might be a quick and "easy read;" a bigger part of me knew completely that at least half of these letters would break me.
Honestly; that might have been a part of the appeal.

I love the idea of writing letters and just putting yourself out there. Even if you don't share them with the person they're meant for.
(Even if you share them with everyone else except the person they're meant for, although that's probably just me.)

It takes a lot to write even a short letter, to just say everything you want to say and get all that you're feeling on paper. And you can never say every thing that you'd like.

That being said; I have to admire all these letter writers for trying and succeeding in putting so much of themselves into their letters and sharing their love for their mothers.

This book is inspiring in so many ways, that I wouldn't even know where to begin. It gives so much to the readers... much like the mothers of all these writers.






I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment