Sunday, July 19, 2015

High Summer Read-a-Thon "Goals"


Let's acknowledge the quote marks around Goals. I'd love to consider these actual goals but in the end they're probably... plans.

Last week I had two books I needed to finish by Thursday, which I did, but Friday when I sat down to read I couldn't do it.

I picked one up, which I'm already struggling with so of course barely got a few pages in. I'm reading it for my summer challenge, so that's my main reason for sticking with it.
Then I decided to start another; read a chapter, decided I wanted something else.
Turned to yet another book and finally did stick with it. But all the while I kept thinking, about other books.

Aren't those moments the worst? You want to read, but you don't really know what.
And I have a thing about starting too many books before I finish the first bunch. Because it's always a "bunch."

Hopefully that'll adjust this week.
Of course as each day goes by I keep being informed that I'll have to work. Yay.

Honestly this read-a-thon would have been great next week, because not only will I be home the entire week but I'll be practically alone.
"Practically" meaning more or less silence but still high chances of annoyances.


Books I'm hoping to read this week:
 
The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) The Heir (The Selection, #4) Spelled

The Queen of Tearling (The only that has me struggling.)
The Heir (the one I started.)
Spelled ( the one that makes me think about other books.)

2 comments:

  1. Glad to have you with me again, Diana! I do hope you're enjoying the read-a-thon so far. I've been busy with the last days of an out of town guest visiting so I'm really behind on visiting blogs.

    I had planned on joining your summer reading challenge, but man, my summer has been crazy! Two visits from family from out of town, doctor appointments, dental appointments. And my boys go back to school in two weeks. Lucky summer isn't my favorite season. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's been a pretty easy reading week for me. Actually it's been a pretty easy summer for me, which is such a rare thing that I feel like I wasted it. Oh well.
      Sorry you couldn't join in the reading challenge, maybe next year.
      Hope everything settles down soon.

      Delete