Sunday, September 27, 2015

Everything, Everything - Book Review

Everything, EverythingEverything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published September 1st 2015 by Delacorte Press

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He's tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.



In the weeks leading up to the publication of this book I saw a handful of reviews; which I didn't read because I didn't want to be influenced when my time came to write this review. 
I also didn't want to run into any spoilers.
I didn't.

But then again I kind of did.
Certain things were insinuated which led me to come up with, like three possible endings.
And one of them was right.

When it came to that moment it was just a "Oh yeah, thought so."

But everything before that was beautiful all around. The writing style, the technique, the words. It's something else.
There's isn't too much world building but there really isn't much world to get into. That doesn't matter though because it's Madeline's worlds, and I loved being let into it through all the little things she does throughout her day.

Madeline is a character I fell in love with at the very beginning and kept falling for until the end. Which was just as loveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment