Monday, September 21, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

1

It's Fall, and even though that really doesn't mean too much here in Southern California, but I've always felt it like a new beginning.
I don't know why since I always get kind of cranky the closer we get to Winter. I blame it on the clothes; they're just not as fun.

Ever since last year when my review schedule fell apart I was never able to really get it back on track this year. I've been more ore less keeping up, but there are a few that just haven't been touched. But hopefully with a new season I'll be able to finally put everything in some order.

Of course since I said that everything is going to completely change next month.


Books I've been reading:

Embers (The Wings of War, #1)Embers by Karen Ann Hopkins
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

That cover kind of makes you want to follow her into those woods.
And after reading the book and getting to know Ember, I still think I'd like to follow her. I have to admit that I had some misconceptions about her (and maybe the story itself), even towards the end
I probably kept thinking of her like all the other girls in paranormal romances. Simply put I assume that at some point she was going to need a guy to save her.
I was proven wrong.
Not only is she fighting for herself but she is the perfect example of the anti-damsel in distress. (Let's make that a thing,)
Ember knows who she is, what she stands for and where she's going.

But if she ever did need rescuing... I know even know what to say about the romance.
All I can really think to say was that those two made my mind fly.

But then again, the entire book set my mind on fire (just to throw in a pun) the descriptions, the imagery, the story itself. I couldn't get to the end fast enough.



Madison's SongMadison's Song by Christine Amsden
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Honestly I liked everything about the story, not just those things. Romance, intrigue, waiting for something to happen (multiple somethings really). Just a constant: What's going to happen?! And When!?

I don't want to go into details so I'll just say it's such an interesting idea. All around, every little thing about it.

I can not get enough of the world Christine Amsden has created with these books.
Original Post



Everything, EverythingEverything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

REVIEW SOON
Hopefully "end of the week" very.





How to Sell Your Crafts Online: A Step-by-Step Guide to Successful Sales on Etsy and BeyondHow to Sell Your Crafts Online: A Step-by-Step Guide to Successful Sales on Etsy and Beyond by Derrick Sutton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Half of it felt like common sense, (at least if you have some idea to what sells). Then the other half felt like you'd need to overexpose yourself in every outlet you can find.
Really I think this is just a live and learn thing.


What I'll be reading this week:

The Last Little Blue Envelope (Little Blue Envelope, #2) Rapture Practice Doctor Who: The Drosten's Curse Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6)

No comments:

Post a Comment