Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Song[s] of the Moment {12}

This is a feature I've started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.
Since very little happens to me on a weekly basis I only post every two weeks.

I'm really going to need to make a button for this, if only because I've been having such a hard time remembering what I call it.

For my last Song of the Moment I made a joke about being in an "2007 mood" since both songs were from that year.
Well for today's songs we're going to go ahead two years to 2009.
Actually one song is, again, from 2007 and the other is from like the '60s.

But the story and my reason for thinking of them is from 2009.

There's so many parts leading up to this that I'm not entirely sure where to begin. Oddly enough it's not in 2009.

I guess we can start with last December, when for my aunt's birthday she mentioned that her son's friend bought her a cake.
She also mentioned that he was available.
A guy that brings you cake for your birthday?! Sign me up!
Is basically what my mom said.

In the months following I heard more about this cake guy (the boy with the cake?), and another guy my aunt had picked out for me. I ruled the second one out and thankfully she hasn't mentioned him since.

But cake guy not only got a mention but my hand (and the rest of me) practically shoved at him last month at a wedding.
I don't even think there was an actual introduction.

Which brings us to 2009 and why an "actual introduction" might not be expected. That is because he joined us on the family camping trip all those years ago.
There wasn't an introduction then either though!

We didn't exactly mingle.
The only reason he was even there is because my cousin has trouble interacting with the rest of the family.

After his, what I call "lamb without his flock" moment at the wedding my mom clarified that we had gone camping with him; in case I didn't remember. But then again she said that about two other guys that night.
Of course I did remember him (all three of them really), other than being the last time I went camping, I remember that I confused him with one of the first two guys, and oh yeah he's been getting mentions not only for the past year but since that camping trip.

Point of this story: I was reminded of that camping trip and this morning I heard a song that made me think of it again.

That song was:


Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure I started singing this because we were warned about ticks.


And the second song I remember singing:


Really the only reason I remember singing these is because there's video.

No comments:

Post a Comment