Friday, October 23, 2015

Saved by the Bell Vol. 1 - Book Review

Saved By the Bell (Vol. 1)Saved By the Bell by Joelle Sellner
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published July 1st 2015 by Roar Comics

The classic TV series gets an update for today’s brand new high-schoolers as the coolest kids at Bayside High start their freshman year!

All your favorite characters – Zack, Slater, Kelly, Lisa, Screech and Jessie (and Mr. Belding, of course!) – are starting freshman year at Bayside High, trading in brick phones and mullets for iPhones and Twitter accounts. Does Lisa’s fashion show get on the air, and will Screech ever leave her alone? Will Jessie get that A+? And, most importantly, who’s Kelly going to go out with – preppy Zack or new star athlete A.C. Slater? It’s alright, ‘cause we’re saved by the bell!


 
It's as cheesy as the show; I loved it!

I am a child of the 90's so I was/am beyond a huge fan of Saved By the Bell.
(It's also what I blame when I say high school wasn't what I imagined. But that's another story.)

It was a favorite part of my life growing up; I could never get enough and carried those characters with me. (This was before I invested my time on fictional characters from books.) I couldn't get enough.

Enter so many years later- really it's probably only been a year since I've seen any episodes- and it's now in book form.
Brought into the current era!

Although, really, half the fun of watching now is seeing the 90's styles. And of course Zack's giant cell phone.
He was so cool with that thing!

I don't know if the stories in this book would be typical Saved by the Bell story lines, I never thought things could get anymore wholesome at Bayside, but these eight stories proved that they could be.
But that was the fun part about them.
I loved getting new stories with characters i already knew and loved.

There's no going back to the original but this definitely takes me back in a fun new way,

No comments:

Post a Comment