Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year

I'm totally going to use this week's Top Ten to make up for, like a years worth of missed Quotable Quotes. From the looks of it I haven't posted any quotes since early May.

Seeing that I would post every other week I'm behind by maybe 14 quotes. So I'll give you ten now and owe you the four.



1) “I mean, why would a God create all of us and put us here if we were supposed to go around feeling bad about ourselves and pretending to be somebody we're not? How is hiding who you are telling the truth?”


2) “People always say they can't do things, that they're impossible. They just haven't been creative enough.”
Maureen Johnson, The Last Little Blue Envelope


3) “Everything's a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It's up to you.” Nicola Yoon, Everything, Everything


4) “That was the worst part about losing someone—finding a place to store all the thoughts and feelings you’d otherwise share with them.”
Kass Morgan, Homecoming


5) "How can someone have the power to shatter you to dust--and also to make you feel so whole?” Lauren Oliver, Requiem


6) “He who jumps may fall, but he may also fly. It’s time to jump.”
Lauren Oliver, Requiem


7) “Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love.”
William Shakespeare, Hamlet


8) “The good thing about being in one's midtwenties is that you know nothing bad is going to happen if you don't return people's texts and voice mails”
Meg Cabot, Royal Wedding


9) “I want to feel what pressures other people feel. Experience the world guided by someone else's moral compass. See and hear and taste with senses formed in a completely different mold than mine. I want to see what it's like to live someone else's lie...Someone else's life.” Michele Jaffe, Minders


10) "Why do they even call it that, "saving yourself"? Like we need to be rescued from sex? It's not like virgins spend their whole lives engaged in the sacred ceremony of "being saved" from intercourse.”
Robyn Schneider, The Beginning of Everything

No comments:

Post a Comment