Friday, December 25, 2015

Trekking for a Real Christmas Tree - Guest Post By Maisey Yates


Trekking for a Real Christmas Tree by Maisey Yates
In A Copper Ridge Christmas, Holly, the heroine, drags the hero, Ryan, up into the woods to get a tree for the big Christmas party she’s roped him into helping her plan.
 For me and my family, getting a Christmas tree is a big thing, and I did draw inspiration from my own tree-hunting excursions when I wrote the scene with Holly and Ryan in the woods.
The problem with getting a Christmas tree from the mountains is that it’s a little more Charlie Brown Christmas than Times Square. But it definitely makes for some great family memories.
I have two December babies, and even when I was nine months pregnant…we trekked up for trees.
We all go up. My husband, my kids, me, my parents and my brother—and I’m sure this year his new wife will join us, too! That’s another great thing about family holidays…they grow with us!

In this picture is my middle son, our dog and my dad, all checking out a potential tree.
After we get the tree home, we usually have apple cider and some Christmas carols.
As far as decorations go, Martha Stewart I am not. I have vague ideas about theme, but mostly, I just do what my mother always did and let the kids handle most of the decorating.
The really great thing about a mountain Christmas tree is that it’s still fresh for present opening come Christmas morning.

 Do you have some Christmas-tree traditions? What are they?

Happy holidays, Maisey Yates



http://kismetbooktours.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/9781460391297-COV.jpg
About A Copper Ridge Christmas:

Snow is falling in Copper Ridge, Oregon—but the heat between a holiday-loving party planner and the town’s resident Scrooge is off the charts in this sweet and sizzling Christmas novella…

Holly Fulton is throwing a special Christmas Eve party for the foster parents who gave her so much. To finish the preparations in time, she needs to recruit her one-time foster brother, Ryan Masters. He may have a scowl that could curdle eggnog, but under that surly demeanor is a big heart. And amazing muscles. And a gorgeous chest. In fact, X-rated visions of Ryan have been dancing in Holly’s head for years, but she can’t risk complicating the only real family she’s ever known.

But maybe there’s a way for Holly to have her Christmas cake and eat it too. A no-strings affair, just until they’re done with the planning. Ryan is certainly willing. But from the first touch, it’s clear that this isn’t just a festive fling. It might just be a Christmas miracle in the making…



Giveaway!:
One grand prize winner will receive:
1 print copy of The Harder You Fall by Gena Showalter, White Wedding Christmas by Andrea Laurence, A Cowboy Under the Mistletoe by Vicki Lewis Thompson, Wrapped in Red by Nana Malone and Sherelle Green

1 eBook copy of A Copper Ridge Christmas by Maisey Yates and Under the Spotlight by Kate Willoughby

100,000 Harlequin MyRewards points

2 Harlequin Classics limited edition notebooks

1 Brenda Jackson Westmoreland limited edition notebook
a Rafflecopter giveaway

Don't forget to check out all the other blog stops. 

No comments:

Post a Comment