Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Teen Frankenstein - Book Review

High School Horror: Teen FrankensteinHigh School Horror: Teen Frankenstein by Chandler Baker
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Published January 12th 2016 by Feiwel & Friends

High school meets classic horror in this groundbreaking new series.

It was a dark and stormy night when Tor Frankenstein accidentally hit someone with her car. And killed him. But all is not lost--Tor, being the scientific genius she is, brings him back to life...

Thus begins a twisty, turn-y take on a familiar tale, set in the town of Hollow Pines, Texas, where high school is truly horrifying.




My main thought throughout: This is crazy unrealistic. Even for a fantasy/horror.
But, then, that's exactly why I loved it!

A lot of suspension of disbelief was necessary. So much so that I had to point out that fact instead of jumping into it without a second thought.

That being said; I actually had no problem jumping into the story itself with out a second thought. I instantly loved Victoria "Tor," and the further and crazier her plots went just made me love her so much more. It was so much fun. I would not be opposed to spending more time with her.
From her attitude to everything high school (it really is like a teen's own horror story) to the things she comes up with and thinks she can get away with (and actually succeeds at doing), she is definitely one of a kind.

I have to admit I figured out the mystery more or less pretty quickly. Or at least part of it. It was still a great twist to both this story and the original it's based on.

For me this is an instant favorite. I look forward to see where the rest of the series goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment