I read a lot of non-fiction books last year, which isn't usually my top choice genre. That being said when I do read non-fiction, much like when I read any genre, it's all over the place.
The only thing these five books have in common is that they're all non-fiction. Other than that they're memoirs, poems (about people or real events) and self-help books.
Links lead to my reviews.
1) Keep Moving: And Other Tips and Truths About Aging by Dick Van Dyke.
2) October Mourning: A Song for Matthew Shepard by Lesléa Newman
3) The Girl's Guide: Getting the hang of your whole complicated, unpredictable, impossibly amazing life by Melissa Kirsch
4) Dark Sparkler by Amber Tamblyn
5) How to Get Dressed: A Costume Designer's Secrets for Making Your Clothes Look, Fit, and Feel Amazing by Alison Freer