Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Quotable Quotes - from The Mother Road

Today's quotes come from the book The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn (my review for it will be up Friday).
I have to say a lot of these quotes are from the end of the book, don't worry no spoilers, (it's a romance I don't think there can be spoilers) so it's the point in the story were the characters are knocking some sense into each other and the reader. Or having that moment of epiphany where they ask "What the hell!?"



“sometimes you have to live your life with the motto...#NoRegrets. Sometimes you have to ignore the way people perceive you and do what you feel is right.”


“life isn't worth living if you never put your heart on the line, if you don't try new things. Pain can be short-lived, 'could have beens' will live with you forever. Don't live your life in a bowl full of regrets, because you're scared of the unknown.”


“Every person needs a moment in their life of total insanity. A time where there is nothing else you can do but snap in half, wave your arms in the air, and run around like a crazy person, tongue hanging out and insanity in you eyes.”


And then because this is a really funny novel:

“Yes, I'm being a total girl right now, but you know what? I don't care, because guess what? If you look down my pants and up my shirt, you would find a vagina and a pair of boobs, making me very much a girl, and because I have to deal with my uterus committing suicide every month, I should be able to have girl moments.”



About The Mother Road:
Never in a million years would I have pictured myself as an axe-wielding, dragon lady, chopping up multi-colored flannel shirts into my very own plaid mulch. But here I am, chopping away my frustrations.

It all started when my brother, Paul, convinced me to go on one last family road trip across the Mother Road with him and my dad.. Just like old times, right? Wrong. What Paul fails to mention is his best man, Porter, will be joining us, who just so happens to be my childhood crush and the man who broke my heart four years ago.

What is supposed to be a fun, family bonding experience across Route 66 turns into a war of pranks, awkward moments and bathrooms full of dirty flannel shirts and day old beard clippings. Paul’s know-it-all attitude and Porter’s devilish charm brings me to the brink of my sanity on my seven day trek across the United States with three bearded men in a small 1980’s RV.

No comments:

Post a Comment