Monday, March 14, 2016

Thoughtfilled Thought: Where Does the Time Go or Procrastination

With the word procrastination in the title I'm going to let you guess how long it actually took me to write this post.
There is currently an Elvis movie on, not to mention one of the Narnia movies. It's grey out, and even though I know there is way too much I need to get done, I just can't.

And, really, all those things I need to get done? They've been piling up for about five months now.
Actually it's way longer than five months but it's been five months since I finished my class and had so much more free time to attempt to get them done.

It's probably silly even asking where the time goes, because I know where it's going, I watch it go often.

I am a pro at procrastinating and at making to-do lists.
My only comfort in admitting that is knowing I don't do so proudly.

If I put my mind to it, I could probably finish everything I want to do in a week. Or at the very least get the ball rolling on some of them.

I think this would be the part where I promise I'm going to do that...


Apparently it takes 30 days to make or break a habit.
Most new year's resolutions were given up a month ago.

I do have my reasons. Genuine reasons, not excuses.
And I'm going to say that's a post for another day. I'm even procrastinating on that!
I will say it's more of a hesitation. A prolonged hesitation.

It's always been "Right after this." or "This is happening, I'll take care of everything else as soon as it passes." I don't even want to count how many things have passed.

My overall point here is to get it out that I'm hesitating my life away. And I'm very aware of that fact. Especially at 2AM, when I wake up in the middle of the night with a hundred thoughts going through my head.
You'd think that would be a good time to get things done, I'm already wide awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment