Friday, March 18, 2016

To Do #10: Route 66

I haven't done one of these post since February 2014. The topic was Make A List of Things I Want To Do Before I'm 30; this was a week after I had turned 24 and I said:
The best I can plan it out is: if I turn 30 in six years I have three years to write it and three years to accomplish it.
That could totally work.
Now I just need to start thinking what to add to that list.


It's been two years and I haven't written anything! Can you imagine if I actually try to accomplish that list? If I actually make it?
I'll be running around January 2020, trying to get everything done. And, most likely, trying to figure out what I was thinking when I came up with the idea.

My point is: I've pretty much let myself down on making any list of what I want to do. At least three of these post are just me going on about simply living.
Can't say I've accomplished much of that either.

I recently read a book that takes place on Route 66, The Mother Road by Meghan Quinn (review will be up next week), that inspired me to come back to this list. And I have to admit that (besides the author) is what caught my attention because it has been a dream of my for as long as I can remember to go on a road trip on Route 66.

I grew up on road trips- that may or may not be true because I can only remember three big road trips growing up, by the fourth I was 18 and just out of high school so I don't know if that counts as "growing up"- but either way I always loved the idea of being somewhere.
Anywhere.

Seeing things.
Anything.

I've also always been pretty nostalgic so the idea of Route 66 with all it's history just screams out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment