Thursday, April 21, 2016

Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance Blog Tour - Guest Post by Shellee Roberts



CrazyStupidTour



CrazyStupidCover
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains a kickass heroine, a boy so hot he’ll make you shiver, and a falling-in-love story fit for the big screen. You’ll want to settle in and have the popcorn ready.

After Mariely Hinojosa and Cabot Wheeler both break up with their significant others at the same party, Mariely sees a way to get even with both of their exes. Everyone knows that the best way to get over a breakup is a hookup—a fake hookup, that is. Three weeks, all fun, no strings, and definitely no heartbreak at the end.
But somewhere between the sweet hand-holding and melt-your-mind kisses, their fake relationship starts to feel less like an act and more like the real thing…but Mariely’s a free-spirited girl from the other side of the tracks, and Cabot’s the hot trust-fund guy from the Hills.
They’d never work for real…
Mariely and Cabot Book 1 of 3
Mariely and Cabot Book 2 coming Winter 2017



Goodreads   



Amazon |Barnes & Noble | iBooks | Kobo | Amazon.co.uk | Amazon.ca |Entangled Page


Check out the rest of the tour.  


Guest Post:


How much are my characters like me (or how I’d like to be)?

Every character I create carries some part of my own personality. I don’t know any writer where this is not the case. I can’t help but imbue these people that are born out of my imagination with aspects of myself because I’m writing what I know. Even my villains--sometimes especially my villains—are like me.

Now that I’m thinking about it, there are two things of special note that I find in my characters. My females characters are always snarky and somewhat distant, defense mechanisms against people and a world that don’t mind taking a bite out of you every now and again. I am world famous for my snark, it’s sort of my signature trait. My male characters, though, tend to have softer souls and when they fall for someone, they fall hard. I read somewhere that people love others the way they want to be loved. I think that’s why I write all my boys that way—when they fall for their heroine, they fall so hard they’ll be able to love her in spite of and because of all her neurotic insecurities.

In Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance, Mariely Hinojosa and Cabot Wheeler, on the surface, should never be together. She’s a scrappy scholarship student at their posh creative arts high school who knows exactly who she is and what she wants: to go to Los Angeles to be an actress. He’s the poor little rich boy floundering to discover the person he wants to be and his artistic calling.

I was nothing like Mariely in high school. She’s confident in her abilities and she’s not going to let anything or anyone get in the way of what she wants. Plus, she has a wicked sense of style, which I, sadly, did not, as all the pictures from that era prove.  But I did give her my love of classic old Hollywood movies. I think Mariely and I would be able to debate for hours over which Cary Grant movie is his best. But she throws her walls up a little too high, and if she’s not careful she’ll push away the one person who wants to love her for exactly all the things that make her so strong.

In many ways, I’m definitely more like Cabot—except for the money, of course. (If only that was the way Cabot was like me…sigh) He’s a little bit of a lost soul. The only thing he knows for sure is that whatever he does in life, he wants to be great at it, and he struggles with doubting he ever will be. As a writer, this is a struggle I know all too well.  What Cabot does discover though, through the course of the story, is that one thing he might be great at is loving Mariely, if only she’ll give him the chance.

About Shellee Roberts:



There are three things (besides her family) that Shellee loves more than Netflix: Dr. Pepper, OTPs, and book boyfriends (I’m looking at you, Gilbert Blythe).

Shellee has been told that her life goal as a writer should be to win prestigious awards that will grant her literary immortality, but as an OG ‘shipper (like, seriously, Tad and Dixie--my first hardcore ship) all she really wants is to create two characters that people love so much they give them a cool mashup name.

Shellee spends her days living the dream with her family in Austin, Texas--and by living the dream she means waking up at the crack of dawn to go to work, chauffeur, walk dogs, do dishes, and fold laundry. At night she gets down to to real business, basking in the warm, blue glow of her computer screen and bringing the stories in her head to life on the page...or watching Veronica and Logan fan videos on YouTube till 2am.

Tomorrow she’s definitely going to kick that procrastination problem to the curb.









Giveaway Information: Contest ends May 6 , 2016

One (1) winner will receive a $50 Dinner & Movie Combo pack from Darden Restaurants & Fandango

a Rafflecopter giveaway

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover!! And the blurb sounds very promising! Will keep an eye on this book! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blurb is definitely what caught my attention. I'd love to hear what you think if you get the chance to read it.

      Delete