Friday, April 22, 2016

Paris Street Style - Coloring Book Review

26236848
Paris Street Style by Zoé de Las Cases
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Published February 2nd 2016 by Potter Style

The coloring book is reinvented in a brand new format. Wherever you’re off to, take this cheeky and charming coloring journal with you. Transport yourself to the corner pâtisserie, and give life to the stylish essentials laid out from your suitcase. Beautifully detailed outfits, accessories, and hairstyles complement the equally ornate cityscapes. Embellish whimsical, full-page patterns and classic dresses with your own style. Window shop the elegant stores of Paris while you give life to playful fashion.  Like a high-end journal, this sleek package has an elastic closure and a satin ribbon marker so you can dip in and dip out of your own French fashion week. With nothing more than some colored pencils, you'll be on your way to a stress-free, Parisian-chic day.



I am so glad that adult coloring books are a "thing" now because I have missed coloring so much; it kind of felt like I had lost a part of myself.
So many years later I'm still upset that I never completely finished coloring all the ones I had.

Considering that this is my third coloring book I have to wonder if that's going to happen again, so much to color so little time. Of course this is the perfect size to easily fit in a bag and have it on the go.
And I'll be on a plane to Paris soon so I'll need something to do.

The images are beautiful and I know I'll have so much fun coloring them. The details alone are amazing. It's got the impression of the perfect little sketch book, just waiting for someone to complete them in whichever style they want.
My only problem: I would have preferred a bit more "Paris Street" instead of all the "everything fell out of my suitcase."

Now the description does let you know that's exactly what it is: give life to the stylish essentials laid out from your suitcase; but the street images were just so wonderful I would have loved a lot more of them.



I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment