Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Song(s) of the Moment 4/12


This is a feature I started where I pick a song that represents the week, day or month; that fits with a moment I recently had. Or that's been on repeat.
Since very little happens to me on a weekly basis I only post every two weeks.


I've been in such a slump these last few weeks. I pretty much decided to completely shut down two weeks ago, and I can't even say what I did last week. Probably attempted to (slowly) climb out of said slump.
I want(ed) to write up a post on it but apparently am not quite ready to go there yet.


I feel like I need to play catch up on this because I did have a song for the week that I skipped. And as I say that I think there really wasn't much too catch up on.

Song on my mind from my missed post:

I used it to make a point, and it just stuck.

The second song fits well with the mood I've been in, of course due to that mood I haven't cared much to acknowledge it.


Background story for this pick: I've mentioned in the past how since 2009 I've picked a quote or line from a song (sometimes both)  to represent the year. Well this is my 2016 song pick.
Judging from what I've been feeling I'd say it was a pretty good choice.

2016 Quotes: "Life is a buffet and most sons of bitches go hungry" From the movie Mame
"What's the point of living if you don't take a few chances?" from Grease Live


And lastly a song that has been stuck in my head since I don't know when:



I shared this along with other Gigi songs three years ago, but that's kind of a hazard when you share songs on your mind. Occasional repeats.


What song has been your repeat?

No comments:

Post a Comment