Monday, May 2, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

badge

April, like always, was such a slump for me. I've pretty much grown to hate the month. And I'm not entirely sure that's why it sucks just because I've grown to think that nothing good comes in that month.
It's kind of funny that in a month I wouldn't mind skipping over there are so many book events. It's like it's saying "I'm sorry things tend to go south (or not move at all) here enjoy more times with books!"
Sadly though I had to skip all events this year. I just wasn't feeling it.

Plus my neck has been hurting so I can not imagine trying to carry around books all day.

Books read since my last post: (I'm not entirely sure when that was)


Where the Light Gets In: Losing My Mother Only to Find Her AgainWhere the Light Gets In: Losing My Mother Only to Find Her Again by Kimberly Williams-Paisley
My rating 5 of 5 stars

Posting review here Friday.




Proposal (The Mediator, #6.5)Proposal by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Every time I see or even hear about these new books it makes me want to cry.

I have to admit that my overall feelings have changed somewhat in the ten years since I first read (and fell absolutely in love with) the series but clearly,  judging by the surge of emotions I get thinking about them, they're still really special to me.



Gone With the Wind: the definitive illustrated history of the book, the movie, and the legendGone With the Wind: the definitive illustrated history of the book, the movie, and the legend by Herb Bridges
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable are so pretty. I loved the candid set pictures.
Not so much the production story, that kind of went on.


Royal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-shortRoyal Day Out: A From the Notebooks of a Middle School Princess e-short by Meg Cabot
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I will forever absolutely love the princesses of Genovia!

What's not to love about Olivia's happy-go-lucky attitude? She is definitely a kid I would want to spend more time around.
Not only do I love that we're getting more Genovian everything with these books but we get to see it from a fresh new perspective.


This story is short and sweet, letting us get to know Olivia a little more and giving us something to look forward to with Royal Wedding Disaster.

It's a cute catch up on what's been going on with Olivia since we last saw her at the end of Middle School Princess.

A Daring Sacrifice (An Uncertain Choice, #2)A Daring Sacrifice by Jody Hedlund
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Review here soon(-ish)






Reading this week:

Kaitlin's Tale Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)

I'm hoping to finish Shatter Me this week, because I've kind of been working on it for some time, and I'm ready to get to the end.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't read a memoir in awhile. The mom book looks good, look forward to the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend it, and it's a pretty quick read.

      Delete
  2. I loved Gone With The Wind. Too bad this book didn't do it justice.

    Have a great week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favorite movies, but this did tend to go overboard in the details.

      Delete