Friday, May 13, 2016

Summer Reading Challenge 2016

The story behind it:
So many years ago, (maybe four) I was invited to join a summer reading challenge, which I loved so much that I was always looking for someone to do it again or something like it.


When I didn't find any I decided to look into it and discovered that the original blog that first hosted it no longer exists, like click on the link and get weird car ads, non-existing. I thought maybe the blogger (her name is Kate) just decided to change blogs but nope. If she did I didn't find any trails leading to her.


I loved doing this challenge so much that I hope she won't mind me taking it and giving it another home.
And inviting others to join in.

The challenge: Read a book for every category.

The categories are:
1. One Book Recommended By A Friend.
2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year.
3. One Book That Is Being Turned Into A Movie
4. One Book From Your To Be Read List.
5. One Book You've Never Heard Of.
6. One Classic.
7. One Book You Started But Never Finished.
8. One New Release.
9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.
10. One Chunkster (400+ Pages).
BONUS: One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember.*

Challenge runs June 3 to September 3.
I'd love it if you'd join me!

Just leave links with the books you plan on reading in the comments. I'll add an official link up if enough people show interest.

List of course are not set in stone and can be changed. And as for where you're making these list it can be anywhere you want, if you can share a list of books go for it.


*I know a lot of people don't like rereading, and got a few comments on that category last year so I decided to make it a bonus for anyone interested.*

6 comments:

  1. I'd join! I don't know what books I would read, but it would be fun (even if it was just the two of us). :) Maybe you could also try adding a read-a-thon? I know that a lot of readers love those.

    ~Anna @Adventures with a Book Nerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year there were maybe three participates so large number, small number it was fun either way.
      I'd be happy to help pick out books if you can't decide; I'm still jumping around with mine so definitely key to remember that they are not set in stone.

      I like the idea of a read-a-thon, I'll have to give it some thought; I'm pretty sure I tried that so many years ago with another event, of course now that I think of it that event was also somewhat limited. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely think about it.

      Delete
  2. Just happened upon this site and I'd love to join also! I'm actually doing another one from Semi-Charmed Life. You may want to check hers out also.

    Summer Reading Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! Glad you're joining.
      I'll be sure to take a look at that other challenge, thanks.

      Delete
  3. Joining! I've been meaning to get involved in more challenges! Hopefully, I can get through this one! Here's where I'll be keeping my updates on the challenge:

    http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/p/blog-page_30.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Thanks for joining, and good luck!

      Delete