Lily: I should never have agreed to it. A woman will do a lot to
keep her husband happy. But when my husband sells me to the highest
bidder—billionaire, former Navy SEAL, pride of Boston’s business scene—I agree,
not to keep him happy but because it gives me the chance to finally escape.
Escape my marriage, escape my debts, escape my life …
Josh Lane demands a steep price: my pride and my morals. But the
truth is, I’ve never felt anything like what I feel for him. He brings color
into my gray world. And his insistence that I submit to his commands—his
depraved, filthy, amazing commands—only feeds my craving to be taken by him.
Again. And again. I should never have agreed to it, but I’m so glad I did.
Josh: I don’t need to pay to keep women in my bed. Though my
preferences may be unorthodox, I never leave a woman unsatisfied—far from it.
Lily Boswell, though … her innocence draws me, her secrets intrigue me. Having
her is worth dealing with her cowardly scum of a husband.
I want to release her passions and heal her wounds .On my terms.
Because the blindfolds and restraints hide more than she could imagine. I must
keep her safe from the people who would destroy me—and the demons that haunt my
Release: May 2nd
2016 by Carina Press
Add on Goodreads
Top 5 Things that make At The Brink unique
My new novel, At the Brink, just released from Carina Press, is a gritty, complex, kinky, explicit erotic romance about intrigue, dark lust and sexual obsession. It’s the story of Josh Lane, decorated war hero and former SEAL turned successful entrepreneur, who is blunt, ruthless, intense and exacting; a workaholic driven by internal demons, a man who doesn't play games, except in bed, of course, where he is always in command. When he meets Lily Boswell, a talented but stifled artist trapped in a dangerous situation, he devises a sexual agreement that explores their most primal erotic cravings, the only chance he might have to protect her and vanish the demons that haunt his dreams.
In a sea of romance novels, you ask, what are the top five things that make At the Brink unique?
1. At the Brink is an ambitious story. Although you may find some of the initial themes familiar, At the Brink soon launches into an original journey that will take the reader into unexpected territory. Sure, the idea of sexual agreements has been floated before, but in this case, it’s only a platform that introduces us to two flawed, imperfect heroes who join in an unlikely path to discover not only their deepest sexual fantasies, but also each other.
2. Josh Lane is the alpha of alphas. He’s been described in no uncertain terms by a majority of reviewers as “hot,” “irresistible” and—well—“hot” again and again. Heroes like Josh dazzle. His prolific creativity cements his prowess, in and out of the bedroom. But there are twists. Josh has secrets and only the love of a woman can prevent him from self-destruction.
3. Lily Boswell, the heroine of At the Brink comes across as weak when we first meet her, but she’s stronger than she lets on and as she discovers her erotic potential, she also discovers her passion, her inner courage and the drive to reclaim her life.
4. In At the Brink, sex is not a want. It’s a need, a compulsion birthed from the soul and translated to the flesh, a healing force born of the merger of our strengths and weaknesses. The setup matters—this is not a wham-bam-thank you ma’am. This is a dark, rich, intense, fast-paced, intricate story that aims at telling a full, complex, take-the-reader away story.
5. Sex matters in At the Brink. The act is the vehicle and love is the ultimate destination. All that sex goes to show that love and sex are not always the same, but when they join together they transform into a powerful, life-changing force.
About Anna Del Mar
Anna del Mar writes hot,
smart romances that soothe the soul, challenge the mind, and satisfy the heart.
Her stories focus on strong heroines struggling to find their place in the
world and the brave, sexy, kickass, military heroes who defy the limits of
their broken bodies to protect the women they love. She is the author of The
Asset (Carina Press), the first novel of her Wounded Warrior series and three
other novels scheduled for release during 2016.
A Georgetown University
graduate, Anna enjoys traveling, hiking, skiing, and the sea. Writing is her
addiction, her drug of choice, and what she wants to do all the time. The
extraordinary men and women she met during her years as a Navy wife inspire the
fabulous heroes and heroines at the center of her stories. When she stays
put—which doesn’t happen very often—she lives in Florida with her indulgent
husband and two very opinionated cats.