Friday, August 19, 2016

"To-Do" #7 - Do Something*

This is a list of things to do in my life. I'm making it because I'm big on life experiences. They are things I'd like to experience in my life, however small, although very few actually are.

I haven't written any "to do's" since May of last year. And considering that this is only #7 and I started this back in August 2011 that's kind of bad.
I've really let myself down when it comes to all the plans I had when I started this blog. Although now that I think of it last May was when a lot of things were, well, upheaved for me. Really, it probably wasn't a huge deal, but we all have our comfort zones and we all have to have things a certain way.

But maybe I just lost the list of things I wanted and decided to hold off, seeing as how I can't find the badge I made either. I'm really not too sure. It might be a good thing I lost that list, though it probably needed updating because some things just no longer make too much sense.

I keep telling myself I'm starting anew in all things, not just here. Hopefully it'll mainly be noticed here though.
But then, of course, at the back of my mind is that little voice saying "as soon as this changes." And I realized that those "things" standing in my way are usually people also making list of things they want to do, but will never get to because they're waiting for whatever road block they've made up to change for them.

I wait for no one!
If I keep waiting for my "road blocks" to move we might be in the same dull place for a very long time. AND I'll always be behind them, waiting for them to make the first move.

Yes they're not all people, a few are obstacles I've set myself, but I can't exactly leap over those obstacles without jumping those road blocks first.
I've got to get in the car before I drive away, but first I'll also need a destination.

There's always going to be something there but I have got to stop using that as an excuse, I've wasted a lot of time like that.

I'm very good at wasting time, it's become like a sport to me.
For some reason I think I procrastinate more when I don't have anything going on. So as strange as it might seem I think I'm more productive when I'm keeping busy.
Basically my mind needs to be turned on and used.
I hate that that makes me sound lazy, I'm not. I use my mind everyday. I just mean that as a get the horse on the track type of thing.
It's kind of hard to explain without giving a whole biography of my life right now.
Let's just say I don't have too much going on so in turn I've gotten kind of bored with what I do have; since, well, it's all I have.

I think the one thing I need to remember is: those "road blocks" of mine, they, like everyone else in the world, have a list of things they say they're going to do. But they're the half that only say, and with an attitude like that I might as well say that one day I'm going to fly to the moon on my magic carpet. We need to over come those road blocks and try to give ourselves what we want.

Or we need to shut up and stop making wish lists that will never come true because we have no intention of fulfilling them.


*"To-do" originally posted here: December 13, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment