Monday, September 19, 2016

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?



Something wonderful happened last night; I finished a novel.

Today marks a month since I left for Spain and saying I can't believe it would be an understatement. I'm trying not to think too much about it. The point of that tidbit was to point out that I hadn't been reading much before or since.
Last read novel was sometime early August. Very early.
I said all this in my post last week so I won't get too into here; but I did mention fearing more than a slump and maybe it was the beginning of the end.
Yes a bit dramatic, but that's exactly how I was feeling.

I've had a bit of a huge distraction that has been keeping me from reading but I'm trying to balance it out. Of course in favor of books so those scales might be tipped.

I started reading this weekend, and like I mentioned above did finish a book.
One that normally would have taken me one week, that ended up taking maybe three. But really, one of those weeks was in Paris so I wasn't exactly looking to read.

Anyway, I am hopefully out of that slump and back to my old (though semi-balanced) reading ways.


Books read:

The Boy Is BackThe Boy Is Back by Meg Cabot

❤❤❤

WILL POST REVIEW CLOSER TO PUB DATE
10/18!



Snow White: A Graphic NovelSnow White: A Graphic Novel by Matt Phelan
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Short, sweet, simple.

Snow White set in the 1920's with a film noir style, yes please.
Like I said above; it's short and simple, there isn't too much dialog and it just let's the stunning illustrations do the talking for themselves. We all know the story of Snow White and can probably figure it out in any format, era, or setting so it's not like we need the extra details. It's like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
And I was absolutely caught up in each of these illustrations; to a point where I kind of forgot that it even was a book. I was just there.


Reading this week:
Wonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed History The Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to Draw

6 comments:

  1. I'm a bit envious of your time in Spain. I can completely understand your reading slump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so great. I have reason to believe that my slump was just a partial hangover from the trip.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I'm very envious, I've never been to Europe at all before, and it all sounds so fascinating!! Wonder Women looks like a great inspiring read for kids, especially girls - glad to see so many awesome women finally getting recognised.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my second trip to Europe (went to Italy ten years ago) and all I have to say about it is GO!, is totally a different world.
      I definitely agree with women being recognized for their work, especially since there are so many mentions in this book of how men took credit for their work.

      Delete
  3. I'm interested in Wonder Women. It looks fascinating and necessary. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I can not wait to start writing a review for it.

      Delete