Thursday, September 8, 2016

Quotable Quotes - from Abandon by Meg Cabot


Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)“But really, the term “forgive and forget” doesn’t make sense to me. Forgiving does allow us to stop dwelling on an issue, which isn’t always healthy. But if we forget, we don’t learn from our mistakes. And that can be deadly.”


My thoughts:
Dwelling on an issue really is unhealthy and it's not like holding a grudge does anybody any good. But if you forgive it's like saying "Yeah I'm totally fine with you treating me that way. Go right ahead and do it again." If someone hurts you once who's to say they won't again, and if they do the best you can get is an "I told you so" or "You should have known better this time."



Quote originally posted here: May 18, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment