Monday, September 12, 2016

Start of a New Season

I don't know what I meant with that title, just go with it.
It's not like anything new is coming, or something is about to change.

I live in Southern California, the season isn't even set to change for another two months.
Have I ever mentioned that I hate that change? For some reason I always get pretty mean in colder weather. I always say it's because I don't like the clothes, and miss all my dresses- especially the lower cut ones since I hate things with a collar- and absolutely hate layering.
Honestly, I don't know what causes that mood shift, maybe it was the stress of school (when I was in school), maybe it's the realization that another year is about to end, maybe it really is the cold.
I'll let you know if I figure it out this year.

Nothing new is starting (well maybe) but something did end (a week ago) the Summer Reading Challenge. I still need to stop by all the participating blogs; the day it ended was also the day I came back from two weeks in Europe so really I'm just getting back into the blogging world.

How did I do?
1. One Book Recommended By A Friend.
City on Fire by Tracy L. Higley     STARTED: currently on hold, can't say I'm loving it.


2. One Book That Has Been Sitting On Your Shelf For Over A Year.
Madam Tussaud by Michelle Moran  STARTED: Made it to chapter two, currently on hold, got distracted by a Meg Cabot ARC. Plus started it while in Europe so it was kind of hard to focus on any books. I haven't really read in a month!


3. One Book That Is Being Turned Into A Movie
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver    FINISHED: AUG. 3

4. One Book From Your To Be Read List.
Still Star-Crossed by Melinda Taub   FINSIHED: JUNE 26

5. One Book You've Never Heard Of.
Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison  STARTED: Got bored, DNF.

6. One Classic.
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry   FINISHED: JULY 14

7. One Book You Started But Never Finished.
Ransom My Heart by Meg Cabot    FINISHED: JULY 20. Finally! After, like, three attempts. 

8. One New Release.
Sister Dear by Laura McNeill   FINISHED: JULY 6

9. One Book That Is Outside of Your Typical Genre.
Come What May by A.M Arthur    FINISHED: JULY 21

10. One Chunkster (400+ Pages).
And I Darken by Kiersten White   FINISHED JUNE 17

BONUS: One Book You Read A Long Time Ago And Don't Remember.*
Razzle by Ellen Wittlinger
It was a bonus didn't even think about it. Well except when I took it off the shelf to add to the stack.

I was serious about not having read in a month; Before I Fall was the last book in the beginning of August! I don't know if I can call what I've been in a slump, it's sure felt like it since I got back a week ago. I keep blaming jet-lag and saying that my eyes are too tired, but I don't think I have jet-lag since I've been running like there was no nine hour time change in my system.

My excuse for August can be that I just wasn't home, two weeks in Europe and the week prior I was house sitting for someone and trying to work on my resume so I had to stay away from the books then. Although that week house sitting would have been perfect reading time. Resume be damned.

I don't know what the cause of this lull is, a part of me is kind of thinking that maybe it's the start of the end of my 15 year love affair with books.
What a horrible thought!

Another part of me is just craving a fantasy novel. I've been working my way through the Narnia series this year so maybe getting back to that will help. Though I hesitate at that idea too.

My best guess is having spent two weeks running through Spain and Paris my brain isn't ready to slow down and read about people doing things but wants to keep going.
I really should strike while I'm feeling inspired.

No comments:

Post a Comment