Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Characters I'd Name A Child or Pet After

Before I jump into this list I'd like to share that whenever I announce that I'd rather be alone and collect cats I always say those cats will be named after old Hollywood movie stars. i.e Marilyn, Clark, Lucy.

Just thought I'd share that weird tidbit.
This was hard for me, obviously I'm more focused on old movie stars names than character names.
Especially with some of the names in books nowadays.



1) Fiyero from Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire

Want to name a dog this! I keep saying that we can shorten it to Fifi.

2) Cassandra Grace from Tourist Trap by Emma Harrison
That's the character's first and last name but I think it would make a cute first and middle name for a daughter.
Plus my mom's middle name was suppose to be Grace, so why not?

(Suppose to be because her father tried to take an English name and sound it out in Spanish. That never does work out for the kids.)


3) Dorian from The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Weird character to name your kid after?
I like the book.


I might have to consider adding Gray to the mix since that is my mom's middle name. Although most likely not to Dorian that might be too much.


4) Scarlett from Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
I like long names for girls.

5) Tristran from Stardust by Neil Gaiman
Possibly the only "odd" name I'd give a son.

6-8) from Ashes, Ashes by Jo Treggiari
"Aidan: my son, if the worst should happen*
Lucy: my third daughter if the worst should really happen*
and Sammy: my dog, if I can remember why I said I'd name my dog Sammy"
-status update while I was reading the book.

*"worst" because I kind of don't want a son.
**"really worst" because I wouldn't want more than two kids. Really at the moment the idea of one is enough.


9) Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
This one came to me in hindsight when I had two baby finches. Yes, Attics Finch. I let myself down a bit by not thinking of it sooner. Instead I named the boy Theseus for the Greek hero and his sister Cleopatra. Theo and Cleo.





Shameless plug:

All orders on my etsy shop Orimis Beaded Jewelry are currently 15% off with code: Halloween15.




4 comments:

  1. I love the names Tristan and Atticus! Funny, but I picked Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird, so felt weird about choosing another name from the same novel!

    I'll check out your Etsy store!! I love jewelry. :-)

    Here's a link to my TTT post for the week:
    http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2016/10/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-character-names.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I kind of like the idea of two names from the same book, kind of like a matching pair.

      Delete
  2. Love the name Scarlett. It's so pretty! :D My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete